+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who are we realistically going to get??

So who are we realistically going to get??

Now it looks like Utd have pipped us to RVN.

Not saying I really want any of these btw, but realistically I'd say we're now looking at Parker, Corberan or an outside chance of this Igor Tudor.

One thing that is for sure, the club clearly don't want to give to Bellamy. Because it stands to reasons that if they did, they'd have done it by now. He is already at the club, and taking as long as we have already says he is far from being a top choice.

Even if he does end up being appointed full time. The way it is all happening, says it me that he has only got it because no one else wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by CornholmeClaret View Post
    Now it looks like Utd have pipped us to RVN.

Not saying I really want any of these btw, but realistically I'd say we're now looking at Parker, Corberan or an outside chance of this Igor Tudor.

One thing that is for sure, the club clearly don't want to give to Bellamy. Because it stands to reasons that if they did, they'd have done it by now. He is already at the club, and taking as long as we have already says he is far from being a top choice.

Even if he does end up being appointed full time. The way it is all happening, says it me that he has only got it because no one else wants it.
    The thing for me is we seem to want a fairly young progressive type manager and there just isn’t that many about without paying compo to other teams ,

Parker will play open expansive football that will be good to watch and if they back him it could work tbh his Fulham team was very decent - Corberan could also be good as his attacking style from Bielsa may suit us as we have a wealth of forward players.

Lampard imo would also offer a decent fit for us the more I think about it

I think in reality if we wanted someone we’d have to pay and they don’t want to ( exception Corberan - but not a lot ) or we’d have just gone and asked who we fancied.

I’d take Corberan or Parker I think now tbh and get them signed up and move on - this comedy show has gone on too long

We are now the only one of the 92 English clubs who don't have a manager. It's beginning to remind me of Blackadder's Captain Redbeard Rum.

Journo, 'I suppose Mr Pace, the manager will decide whether Wout Weghorst is staying or being sold ?'

Mr Pace, 'The manager ?'

Journo, 'Yes, the manager.'

Mr Pace, 'What manager ?'

Journo, 'I was under the impression that it was common practice for a football club to have a manager.'

Mr Pace, 'Opinion is divided on the subject.'

Journo, 'Oh, really ?'

Mr Pace, 'Yes, all the other clubs say it is, I say it isn't.'

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We are now the only one of the 92 English clubs who don't have a manager. It's beginning to remind me of Blackadder's Captain Redbeard Rum.

Journo, 'I suppose Mr Pace, the manager will decide whether Wout Weghorst is staying or being sold ?'

Mr Pace, 'The manager ?'

Journo, 'Yes, the manager.'

Mr Pace, 'What manager ?'

Journo, 'I was under the impression that it was common practice for a football club to have a manager.'

Mr Pace, 'Opinion is divided on the subject.'

Journo, 'Oh, really ?'

Mr Pace, 'Yes, all the other clubs say it is, I say it isn't.'
    Better than a sack race or a race to the bottom.

And breathe.

We have a very phlegmatic Chairman. I'm more impressed with him every day.

Turf Moor is not on fire, the Euros are in full flow, perhaps Lamps is yer man after all.

There are some serious names down here who want Bellamy as Wales Manager and from a little bit of knowledge
    I have about him I think he would jump at the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    There are some serious names down here who want Bellamy as Wales Manager and from a little bit of knowledge
    I have about him I think he would jump at the chance.
    Who could possibly blame him? Der Kaiser dumped him and ALK are taking the pi$$.

Do you think we will have a manager in place by the time we meet up on July 5th? Can we get some names on the ballot paper at the last minute for the day before?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Do you think we will have a manager in place by the time we meet up on July 5th? Can we get some names on the ballot paper at the last minute for the day before?
    I'm starting to think, "Yank".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm starting to think, "Yank".
    Strangely enough BT, that has been in the back of my mind for a few days now. "Yank" or MLS manager?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)