+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Millmoor

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Good shout
    I like the sentiment but the town is struggling to support one team, we don’t need another

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I like the sentiment but the town is struggling to support one team, we don’t need another
    Why Not......Imagine a team starting in league 8 and progressing slowly but surely up the leauges. It's not like Ken Booth Jnr doesn't have the money because he has big time. Talk about Wrexham.......a dream is a dream Can see KB Jnr asking Ronnie to sort it from the off.Now wouldn't that make a few of us sit up in town and take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Why Not......Imagine a team starting in league 8 and progressing slowly but surely up the leauges. It's not like Ken Booth Jnr doesn't have the money because he has big time. Talk about Wrexham.......a dream is a dream Can see KB Jnr asking Ronnie to sort it from the off.Now wouldn't that make a few of us sit up in town and take note.
    Get KB Jnrs brother in law involved & things could really take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Get KB Jnrs brother in law involved & things could really take off.
    Indeed. My lad played for Boothy's team when he played his 'friendlies' at Miilmoor against invited opposition a few years ago, there was talk of a team being formed to challenge in a team way back then.

When I recently attended the play off final between Wickersley v Silverwood? under 16's at Millmoor the signage was up saying 'enter at your own risk etc'. We were sat watching the game sat in the Tivoli when my mate put his foot on the concrete flooring and it simply crumbled under his foot. We were gobsmacked how easy it crumbled, that's how bad the state of the ground is in. No way would the 'Tivoli' or most parts of the ground get a safety certificate .

It will need hundreds/thousands if not a few Million to get that ground a safety certificate.

It would certainly make things interesting to have two clubs in the town , at least one of them may be doing well when the others playing crap ..Imagine a really local derby , not sure what kind of support the Rotherham County team would get in a match between the two, but would certainly be different !!

But with the ground being in such a state I doubt it can ever happen, there just isn't anyone going to spend such money on a ground in that condition which would cost millions unfortunately
    Last edited by Cebuman; 25-06-2024 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebuman View Post
    It would certainly make things interesting to have two clubs in the town , at least one of them may be doing well when the others playing crap ..Imagine a really local derby , not sure what kind of support the Rotherham County team would get in a match between the two, but would certainly be different !!
    A competitive derby would be years away even if this did happen, but a second side adding a bit of spice wouldn't be a bad thing. Plenty would watch both too while they were divisions apart.

I'm not so sure it would be that far off , given the age of the players we are signing now ,if they got a young full of running squad with plenty of pace together ,I could see it being capable of giving our present squad a run for its money !

I'd certainly watch a second Rotherham team if there was to be one ,like you say up to them ever being in the same league or them being above the Millers... lmao
    Last edited by Cebuman; 25-06-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Play reserve games there I'd go.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Play reserve games there I'd go.
    Yes I would definitely make one.

It`s a sh*thole,time it was gone for good,let Booth build another scrapyard there,that`s what he really wants to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast