+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boos after 45 minutes of Garethball

Boos after 45 minutes of Garethball

After 45 mins. of excitement, 0-0 against the mighty Slovenia with a single shot on target and even that is not good enough for many England fans.Boos raining down as the players leave the pitch.
    Those England fans are difficult to please.

it's too painful to watch for me.

I endured 58 minutes and then called it a day.

I watched around 30 minutes of the 1st half

This present England side look lethargic, clueless and shapless

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That’s because we were pants the manager has no
    Idea whatsoever to use what’s at his disposal - we are at best predictable if nothing else.

I’m watching in a bar in Montenegro with a Boro fan a Toon fan and the difference in opinions is scary - the Boro fan is sympathetic to Southgate and England saying it’s hard to break down two banks of 4 and our crab like side to side football in front of the opposition is acceptable, myself and the toon fan the opposite asking rationally why we don’t use pace to get in behind them and really hurt them. ( reminded me of a Dyche performance theirs -boring but effective).

Much as I love Kane there are games where he has to not start or substitute at least - Southgate is a master at insanity over and over again he does the same thing right backs at left back - injured players selected in a squad just watching on - Gallagher selected Arnold dropped where the real footballer is left on the bench and most definitely should have started this game. ( Wharton )

We are mere mortals who don’t know much really but I’ve played in many games like last nights as the favourite and the underdog so I can relate to both sides But I’ve also played under managers with more ideas / knowledge to sort it out than the debarcle I witnessed last night.

If we continue like that the team will be home before me from Montenegro.

Well the second forty five was simply too much for me and I fell asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    With 20 minutes to go , I just couldn’t take any more. I watered the plants out our garden instead. I knew where I was with that.

Bloody ingrates the lot of you. We are top of the group. Have conceded only one goal and that a 30 yard wonder strike no keeper would have saved. We march on to Gelsenkirchen on Sunday. Gareth has made playing for England fun again and still you moan. Mark my words you will be eating your words when we “storm the Bastille” in Berlin on July 14th.

I watched it all, with a morbid fascination, wondering what Gareth was going to do next. Plan A in midfield with TAA didn't work so it was Plan B with Gallagher, the Chelsea journeyman, that lasted 45 minutes and then it was Plan C with Mainoo, who was such an instant improvement on the other two that you have to wonder why this wasn't apparent in their training sessions. Palmer for Saka was an improvement but bringing TAA on at RB and moving Walker over to replace Tripps, before bringing Gordon on with just a couple of minutes to go was bizarre. He's so out of his depth now, I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I watched it all, with a morbid fascination, wondering what Gareth was going to do next. Plan A in midfield with TAA didn't work so it was Plan B with Gallagher, the Chelsea journeyman, that lasted 45 minutes and then it was Plan C with Mainoo, who was such an instant improvement on the other two that you have to wonder why this wasn't apparent in their training sessions. Palmer for Saka was an improvement but bringing TAA on at RB and moving Walker over to replace Tripps, before bringing Gordon on with just a couple of minutes to go was bizarre. He's so out of his depth now, I'm starting to feel sorry for him.
    And Shaw is still wearing ice packs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)