+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m trying to think what you are referring to with Mitov having a slightly ropey start?

I might be forgetting something in my old age but I think he’s been superb since the first game of the season.
    Some ropey kicking, 3 or 4 hospital ball short passes playing out fae the back in the early games (2 to Nilssen against St Mirren especially) flapped at a few things & was very poor at the St Mirren goal in the 3-1 (though Molloy & Ruby equally or more at fault on that one tbf).

He has still been light years better than Roos since day one though, so easy to see why folk would say he’s settled in fae day one.

Think he’s settled now based on last 2 or 3 games though, so only bodes well for us…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Some ropey kicking, 3 or 4 hospital ball short passes playing out fae the back in the early games (2 to Nilssen against St Mirren especially) flapped at a few things & was very poor at the St Mirren goal in the 3-1 (though Molloy & Ruby equally or more at fault on that one tbf).

He has still been light years better than Roos since day one though, so easy to see why folk would say he’s settled in fae day one.

Think he’s settled now based on last 2 or 3 games though, so only bodes well for us…
    That’s being a bit harsh on Mitov there moog you must have high standards

I can see why you think he was poor at the St Mirren goal but he should never have to deal with that shot in the first place if Ruby and Molloy didn’t make a balls up in the first place.

He’s made a few hospital passes as you say but Nilsen made a few of them as well in the first few games and he’s deservedly getting praised for the start he has made.

I think there was always going to be some sort of teething problems with players getting used to how Thelin wants us to play but I would never have thought we would win our first 10 games so I’m delighted with what I’ve seen so far from all of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s being a bit harsh on Mitov there moog you must have high standards

I can see why you think he was poor at the St Mirren goal but he should never have to deal with that shot in the first place if Ruby and Molloy didn’t make a balls up in the first place.

He’s made a few hospital passes as you say but Nilsen made a few of them as well in the first few games and he’s deservedly getting praised for the start he has made.

I think there was always going to be some sort of teething problems with players getting used to how Thelin wants us to play but I would never have thought we would win our first 10 games so I’m delighted with what I’ve seen so far from all of the team.
    Just the same high standards as Jimmy T Rico min - as the Dons should have 😉

I was just judging Mitov by the standards he set himself last season - & for the first few games he wasn’t at that level.

He is now, which as I say bodes well for us.

Hard to grumble though, like you I’m delighted with what I’ve seen so far overall from the team - apart from maybe Ambrose (who needs more time to settle in before we make a final judgement) & Sokler (who’s just proved he’s a good squad player not a starting 9) there’s not been one letdown among the players (new and old) - I don’t count Duk who’s just made a fud of himself - which is massive credit to Jimmy & all involved.

Really not used to feeling this positive about every aspect of the club - October will tell us a lot, but long may it continue…

Pape has been named as the Star Man in the William Hill team of the week.

Blessed are we to have his holiness at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Just the same high standards as Jimmy T Rico min - as the Dons should have 😉

I was just judging Mitov by the standards he set himself last season - & for the first few games he wasn’t at that level.

He is now, which as I say bodes well for us.

Hard to grumble though, like you I’m delighted with what I’ve seen so far overall from the team - apart from maybe Ambrose (who needs more time to settle in before we make a final judgement) & Sokler (who’s just proved he’s a good squad player not a starting 9) there’s not been one letdown among the players (new and old) - I don’t count Duk who’s just made a fud of himself - which is massive credit to Jimmy & all involved.

Really not used to feeling this positive about every aspect of the club - October will tell us a lot, but long may it continue…
    Yeah I’m the same in regards to Ambrose.

He’s struggled in the games I’ve seen so far but considering I thought Gueye was a poor signing last season I think Ambrose needs to be given time to settle after the turn around Gueye has made this season.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Pape has been named as the Star Man in the William Hill team of the week.

Blessed are we to have his holiness at Pittodrie.
    Oh the fun if His Holiness scores the winner at Ibrox

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456