+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers V AC/DC Milan/Real Madrid/ Birmingham

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers V AC/DC Milan/Real Madrid/ Birmingham

The biggest home match of the season and our manager has compared Birmingham City to Real Madrid.
    We face a club that’s spent £20m quids on players and have put together a team with a clear identity. Only 6 or so games in and like Burton last week thé know what they’re doing!
    Quite frankly we don’t! They say that the only game we’ve been up for was the Huddersfield game. I think we’ve been up for them all but we’re just clueless. The best we’ve played is when we’ve had a man advantage and the crowd got behind the team.
    Against 10 men and we went one down but managed to win.

It’s clear that recruiting old players will again leave us without them for parts of the season.

We’ve sold younger players and not replaced them.

Today against Birmingham we can honestly say that our team is far weaker now that it has been for the last 6 or 7 times we’ve played them.

We’ve gone backwards on many fronts and it’s going to be hard to turn it around.

BUT we’re Rotherham United and we usually preform when the big boys come to town. We could do it today! I’ve a funny feeling that we’ll get something from the game.

Enjoy the match fellow Millers! I’ll be with Perigordmiller enjoying whatever happens!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The biggest home match of the season and our manager has compared Birmingham City to Real Madrid.
    We face a club that’s spent £20m quids on players and have put together a team with a clear identity. Only 6 or so games in and like Burton last week thé know what they’re doing!
    Quite frankly we don’t! They say that the only game we’ve been up for was the Huddersfield game. I think we’ve been up for them all but we’re just clueless. The best we’ve played is when we’ve had a man advantage and the crowd got behind the team.

It’s clear that recruiting old players will again leave us without them for parts of the season.

Today against Birmingham we can honestly say that our team is far weaker now that it has been for the last 6 or 7 times we’ve played them.

We’ve gone backwards on many fronts and it’s going to be hard to turn it around.

BUT we’re Rotherham United and we usually preform when the big boys come to town. We could do it today! I’ve a funny feeling that we’ll get something from the game.

Enjoy the match fellow Millers! I’ll be with Perigordmiller enjoying whatever happens!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
    Frog is it true that we usually perform when the big boys come to town?

I think we lose plenty and perform poorly on many occasions

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
    Oh dear Frog, it all sounds so depressing. I wish I could be optimistic regarding this afternoon but I feel, like you, that we won't get anything against Brum. Hope I'm proved wrong.

That’s Way way too pessimistic regarding our future

Need a different approach today as the best footballing sides don’t always win. That’s not how it works and if only life were so simple
    It will be difficult, a very stern test and possibly a free hit but let’s give it a go

We’ll improve and here’s to an enjoyable season ahead

A man advantage for 10 minutes frog .. wow you like saying that don't you .. and when Huddersfield scored it was 10 v 10 .. I don't think we have played bad this season at all .. we have been the beat side in most games.. but failing to score is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Frog is it true that we usually perform when the big boys come to town?

I think we lose plenty and perform poorly on many occasions
    I’m trying to find an upbeat finish IBS. I this division over the years including the time spent at Millmoor we did turn some better teams over.

They’re the good times for me an not this period of lost identity.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    That’s Way way too pessimistic regarding our future

Need a different approach today as the best footballing sides don’t always win. That’s not how it works and if only life were so simple
    It will be difficult, a very stern test and possibly a free hit but let’s give it a go

We’ll improve and here’s to an enjoyable season ahead
    I’m not usually pessimistic but it’s the way I see it. The only positive thing that came from the Steve Evan’s pre match interview was that he thinks that the best team ever in this league was his surprisingly.
    It’s a detachment from reality of today.

I’m hoping for a win I seriously am but I have a bottle of red and some stout to drink with Perigordmiller to celebrate hard or take the piss out of each other 😂

I’m going to have a great day with some great company and I hope that you do too 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    A man advantage for 10 minutes frog .. wow you like saying that don't you .. and when Huddersfield scored it was 10 v 10 .. I don't think we have played bad this season at all .. we have been the beat side in most games.. but failing to score is the problem
    Don, it was a great performance mainly from the crowd. You guys changed the ambiance and helped the team.

It was a lot better atmosphere than it was a football match in my eyes.

I know it needs the team to lift the crowd so they must have been something there
    . Let’s hope that they can get the crowd behind them again.

There’s nothing better than going home from a match having played your part

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
    I disagree on just about all of that frog, we may not play free flowing football but we have created lots of chances both home and away. Huddersfield played for probably the last 20 mins with 10 men and that was including time added on and we were miles better than them even when it was 11 v 11. Anyway against Birmingham we are truly going to find out how good we are, I am really looking forward to seeing Birmingham and their fans will definitely make some noise and are usually a decent set of supporters which will make it a really good atmosphere so.....

COME ON YOU REDS !!!!

It will be a tough game, we need some luck a decent set of officials and for players to really play well. A draw would be a good result, but just as important will be how we play and at what level. Here is hoping for that second win UTM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast