+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177
Results 1,761 to 1,769 of 1769

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Maybe Sith’s just bored with stating the bleedin’ obvious to you time and time again, Tricky…but if you really want examples of his bigotry, here - in no particular order - are a few:

Singing Hitler youth songs as a member of the CCF at school.
    Suggesting he ‘felt uncomfortable’ hearing foreign languages on the London Underground.
    Blaming immigrants for a traffic jam that made him late for a meeting.
    Defending Trump’s ‘grab-em by the pu**y’ comment.
    Suggesting breastfeeding women should ‘sit in a corner’.
    Praising Trump for ‘dominating’ Hillary Clinton like a ‘Silverback gorilla’.
    His infamous ‘Breaking Point’ poster which was widely condemned as both dishonest and echoing Nazi propaganda.
    Criticising women for taking pregnancy/child care based career breaks.
    Claiming that Muslims are coming to the UK to ‘take over’.

How’s that? In addition to bigoted I’d add…narcissistic, opportunist and fraudulent…but maybe that’s just my ‘personal dislike’ too.
    Actually if those were my best examples of bigotry, I would have kept quiet. Bigotry is often in the eye of the beholder. Only the last one would qualify as bigotry in my book - and it's probably the one that a significant proportion of the people in this country agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Actually if those were my best examples of bigotry, I would have kept quiet. Bigotry is often in the eye of the beholder. Only the last one would qualify as bigotry in my book - and it's probably the one that a significant proportion of the people in this country agree with.
    Really? That says a lot about you…and I’ve never doubted that there is far too much prejudice and bigotry in this country and has been since the ‘no blacks, no dogs, no Irish’ days, if not before.

Maybe Sith’s just bored with stating the bleedin’ obvious to you time and time again, Tricky…but if you really want examples of his bigotry, here - in no particular order - are a few:

Suggesting he ‘felt uncomfortable’ hearing foreign languages on the London Underground.
    His infamous ‘Breaking Point’ poster which was widely condemned as both dishonest and echoing Nazi propaganda.

How’s that? In addition to bigoted I’d add…narcissistic, opportunist and fraudulent…but maybe that’s just my ‘personal dislike’ to
    o.
    think you covered it much better than I could have, Thankyou

Really? That says a lot about you…and I’ve never doubted that there is far too much prejudice and bigotry in this country and has been since the ‘no blacks, no dogs, no Irish’ days, if not before.
    I think you'll find far more prejudice and bigotry in USA, Russia, Eastern Europe and in most Islamic countries, particularly against women, gays and black people (who perhaps curiously have embraced Islam in many parts). As a country we may have issues but they are dwarfed in comparison to that seen in a lot of the world.

You sound a bit like someone complaining that his front room needs hoovering when the rest of the house is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think you'll find far more prejudice and bigotry in USA, Russia, Eastern Europe and in most Islamic countries, particularly against women, gays and black people (who perhaps curiously have embraced Islam in many parts). As a country we may have issues but they are dwarfed in comparison to that seen in a lot of the world.

You sound a bit like someone complaining that his front room needs hoovering when the rest of the house is on fire.
    You may well be right about the first bit, but I’m not ‘complaining’…I just contributed to the topic of Farage being a bigot.

How’s that? In addition to bigoted I’d add…narcissistic, opportunist and fraudulent…but maybe that’s just my ‘personal dislike’ too.
    , really
    So a school teacher labelled him a fascist . Perhaps prince Harry is one as well?

Unconfortable hearing foreign languages on a train? Now tell the whole story instead of your bias. He was making a point 10 YEARS AGO, before the immigration really rocketted. what I am saying is we now have nearly 10% of our schools in our country where English is not the primary language in the homes those children come from.

"I think that is a concern and particularly as if you compare us to comparable countries in northern Europe. We have had a record of integration and race relations and religious tolerance that is not met, or even come close to, anyone else in Europe." Nice try anyway.

Blaming immigrants for traffic jams? Absolute bollox again. His whole point was on about the amount of immigration into the country impacted everything in life here. Again 2014, before the extra many more millions arrived. Tell me, have you noticed traffic getting worse?

***** grab? I wouldn't defend Trump on that one either. Drunk or not, 1 to you.

Breast feeding women? In the main he is correct, Everyone has to be comfortable with it, especially families. Nigel Farage insists he has no problem with women breastfeeding "wherever they want" amid a row over comments he made about the issue. He was criticised after saying it was up to venues to decide their rules and that some people were uncomfortable with "ostentatious" breastfeeding.

Praising Trump like a silverback? EH? how does that make him a racist or a bigot?

The poster? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrh, yes. The one that showed columns of migrants snaking their way into Europe and who turned out to be from all over the world and not just Syria. It was the remain side screaming and it actually told a vey solid truth. A truth that goes on to this day. Have another look at it and picj out the women https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36570759

Women, career breaks- pregancy. Lets tell the whole story shall we? He was on about the city not every job. Women who work in the City and have children are worth less than men, Nigel Farage has claimed as he addressed the issue of equal pay.

The UKIP leader said that he did not believe there was ***ual discrimination in the City because women who were "prepared to sacrifice the family life" could do just as well as men.

Mr Farage, who worked at a brokerage for nearly 20 years before entering politics, said that when he first worked in the City it was a "deeply ***ist thing" but that it was no longer the case.

Speaking at a question and answer session on the European Union, Mr Farage admitted he was going to be "controversial" on the issue of equal pay.

He went on to say: "In many cases women make different choices in life to the ones men make, simply for biological reasons.

"A woman who has a client base, has a child and takes two or three years off - she is worth far less to her employer when she comes back than when she went away because that client base won't be stuck as rigidly to her portfolio"

He continued: "I don't believe that in the big banks and brokerage houses and Lloyds of London and everyone else in the City, I do not believe there is any discrimination against women at all. So, are you saying that he isn't allowed that opinion?

Muslims? I cannot find a direct quote anywhere on him saying that. Oh you do blow things up, though the element of what you say doesn't just come from him. 2017- FARAGE CALL IN - A survey of 10,000 Europeans showed that 56 per cent would support an immigration ban on citizens from majority-Muslim countries, while a caller then suggested that Muslims were already taking over the UK.Paul, from Liverpool, revealed how he had entered a Mosque and was shocked at what he heard from the Imam as he tried to get a grasp of the religion.

Speaking about the Imam, Paul claimed: “He said - 'Allah has given us this country and every knee will bow at the name of Allah'. During the show, Farage was insisted he would “never ever suggest” a total ban on seven majority-Muslim countries from entering Britain.
    That was then, we now have more muslim enclaves than ever, with no integration.
    I could go on, but your cries of racism will only get louder. 2/10 see me

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    , really
    So a school teacher labelled him a fascist . Perhaps prince Harry is one as well?

Unconfortable hearing foreign languages on a train? Now tell the whole story instead of your bias. He was making a point 10 YEARS AGO, before the immigration really rocketted. what I am saying is we now have nearly 10% of our schools in our country where English is not the primary language in the homes those children come from.

"I think that is a concern and particularly as if you compare us to comparable countries in northern Europe. We have had a record of integration and race relations and religious tolerance that is not met, or even come close to, anyone else in Europe." Nice try anyway.

Blaming immigrants for traffic jams? Absolute bollox again. His whole point was on about the amount of immigration into the country impacted everything in life here. Again 2014, before the extra many more millions arrived. Tell me, have you noticed traffic getting worse?

***** grab? I wouldn't defend Trump on that one either. Drunk or not, 1 to you.

Breast feeding women? In the main he is correct, Everyone has to be comfortable with it, especially families. Nigel Farage insists he has no problem with women breastfeeding "wherever they want" amid a row over comments he made about the issue. He was criticised after saying it was up to venues to decide their rules and that some people were uncomfortable with "ostentatious" breastfeeding.

Praising Trump like a silverback? EH? how does that make him a racist or a bigot?

The poster? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrh, yes. The one that showed columns of migrants snaking their way into Europe and who turned out to be from all over the world and not just Syria. It was the remain side screaming and it actually told a vey solid truth. A truth that goes on to this day. Have another look at it and picj out the women https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36570759

Women, career breaks- pregancy. Lets tell the whole story shall we? He was on about the city not every job. Women who work in the City and have children are worth less than men, Nigel Farage has claimed as he addressed the issue of equal pay.

The UKIP leader said that he did not believe there was ***ual discrimination in the City because women who were "prepared to sacrifice the family life" could do just as well as men.

Mr Farage, who worked at a brokerage for nearly 20 years before entering politics, said that when he first worked in the City it was a "deeply ***ist thing" but that it was no longer the case.

Speaking at a question and answer session on the European Union, Mr Farage admitted he was going to be "controversial" on the issue of equal pay.

He went on to say: "In many cases women make different choices in life to the ones men make, simply for biological reasons.

"A woman who has a client base, has a child and takes two or three years off - she is worth far less to her employer when she comes back than when she went away because that client base won't be stuck as rigidly to her portfolio"

He continued: "I don't believe that in the big banks and brokerage houses and Lloyds of London and everyone else in the City, I do not believe there is any discrimination against women at all. So, are you saying that he isn't allowed that opinion?

Muslims? I cannot find a direct quote anywhere on him saying that. Oh you do blow things up, though the element of what you say doesn't just come from him. 2017- FARAGE CALL IN - A survey of 10,000 Europeans showed that 56 per cent would support an immigration ban on citizens from majority-Muslim countries, while a caller then suggested that Muslims were already taking over the UK.Paul, from Liverpool, revealed how he had entered a Mosque and was shocked at what he heard from the Imam as he tried to get a grasp of the religion.

Speaking about the Imam, Paul claimed: “He said - 'Allah has given us this country and every knee will bow at the name of Allah'. During the show, Farage was insisted he would “never ever suggest” a total ban on seven majority-Muslim countries from entering Britain.
    That was then, we now have more muslim enclaves than ever, with no integration.
    I could go on, but your cries of racism will only get louder. 2/10 see me
    I haven’t mentioned the school teacher labelling him a fascist…(or the Jewish classmate who he allegedly bullied.)

It was ten years ago. So what?

So the traffic jams are worse because of immigration? Really?

Thank God you didn’t try and defend that one at least!

No he isn’t correct. You may think he is, but it’s bigoted to dismiss breast feeding women in that way.

He praised Trump’s ‘domination’ and intimidation was the point. He prowled behind her in a sinister way which has never been allowed since.

You know perfectly well that the poster was aimed at securing the votes of prejudiced and bigoted people.

In your words, he said, ‘Women who work in the City and have children are worth less than men.’ I rest my case and why should women have to ‘sacrifice family life’ to have a career…in the City or elsewhere?

I’m not ‘blowing things up’. I’ve just provided examples of your hero’s bigotry and you don’t like it…oh, and I haven’t mentioned, let alone ‘screamed’, ‘racism’ in my whole post…and who the hell is ‘Paul from Liverpool’?
    Last edited by ramAnag; Today at 03:27 PM.

McCartney maybe??

As a thought, Farage is 60 I think and so the incident at Dulwich was over 40 years ago. Which one of us didn't do something at school or university which they now regret - bullying, shoplifting, underage drinking, smoking, drugs etc. Let him that is without sin cast the first stone.- Mother put that stone down!

Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)