+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Gillingham 21.09.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    Good point (apart from scrapping the offside law) but from the replay it doesn't look like Brown touched the ball and I cannot for the life of me see how the lino had a better view in his alternate life of 10 seconds behind GMT.
    I think the ref believed he touched it not the lino, seen it before where they confer and then disallow. There’s no way the linos had a few seconds and then thought actually I reckon it’s off.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I think the ref believed he touched it not the lino, seen it before where they confer and then disallow. There’s no way the linos had a few seconds and then thought actually I reckon it’s off.
    Stall in his review said that he wondered if Brown, who was in an offside position, was interfering with play by distracting the goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Stall in his review said that he wondered if Brown, who was in an offside position, was interfering with play by distracting the goalkeeper.
    Brown definitely wasn't in an offside position when the cross came in, that's one thing that is very apparent in the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Hard to tell from the highlights but I thought their goal was a yard offside? Have stopped the highlights when the ball was kicked and even though their player wasn't in the picture the defender with him was so he had to offside!! Same linesman as the late flag as well, hmmmm.

Having said that we should have put those chances away and won it. Gills had a game plan and ot worked to a fashion and can se why they've only conceeded 2 goals so far. They'll be up in the top 7 for sure.
    Not sure if their goal was offside but the linesman was about 8 yards behind play and was in no position to make an informed decision anyway. The same linesman who "scewed up" our goal. Certainly looked close happy to give them the benefit of the doubt but the linesman awful

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Not sure if their goal was offside but the linesman was about 8 yards behind play and was in no position to make an informed decision anyway. The same linesman who "scewed up" our goal. Certainly looked close happy to give them the benefit of the doubt but the linesman awful
    If he was on a mission to give us absolutely nothing, he passed with flying colours. There was one occasion in the second half where one of their defenders pulled McGoldrick to the ground by grabbing his shirt collar. I know there is a degree of leniency with a tug of the shirt these days, but this was a blatant foul. The ref may have been unsighted, but the lino had a clear view. A couple of minutes later one of our players touched a defenders arm and he predictably went to ground Kyle Cameron style. The lino's flag was up in an instant!

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Just re- listened to SM interview, he was told Brown touched the ball by the officials. So I think the assumption is the ref thinks he’s seen that, not the lino, spoke to the lino and he has said Austin was off then if he touched it. So right decision by lino, wrong by ref if he didn’t touch it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213