+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Burton Albion 24.09.24 [FLT]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe you need to do a bit of research. When it was a cup competition specifically designed to offer a route to Wembley for lower league clubs, I went to all the home games. But when Premiership U-21 teams were allowed to join, the openly stated aim was for them to become part of the EFL in a fifth division. I'll ask for a third time, would you be happy to see us play Liverpool U-21 as a league fixture?
    And I'll repeat for the second time, this isn't a league completion. It's a cup one and there is no way the league would ever agree to a 5th division with U21 teams in it. I'm sorry Elite but I just can't get worked by this like you do.

Does grate me Prem league clubs are in it when their still stalling on the EFL funding deal which has been going on for too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Scandalous that you've left Pegguy Arphexad out.
    And Stone

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    It isn't a league game though is it Elite? It's a cup competition specifically designed to offer a route to Wembley as well as give competitive games to prem juniors. Tonight has shown we can use this as a way of getting game time into all our players.
    Do you want 2 U21 teams playing in the final at Wembley in an EFL competition? I bleddy don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    It's a cup and there is no way the league would ever agree to a 5th division with U21 teams in it.
    Are you sure of that? Despite huge opposition from the fans who they surveyed, the EFL clubs themselves voted to accept the cash and allow them in knowing what the ultimate aim was. The cash offered was pennies to the Premiership clubs, what if they offer pounds next time?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910