+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When will things change?

Hey Oz - tad grumpy this morning? 😎

We have the jigsaw pieces for once just needs Farke to use them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Hey Oz - tad grumpy this morning? ��

We have the jigsaw pieces for once just needs Farke to use them properly.
    Like I said hope we have the cattle but not a proper farmer. We have a proper attacking mid in Rothwell who can create and score but he prefers 2 so called super stars who can only defend. Even though some feel we will be ok I just don't see it with him in charge. Look at the 3 teams we couldn't beat last season with all our superstars (can't get games) they are all down and already looking like will be with us again next season. Season so far looks ok but if you look who our wins were against all of a sudden it doesn't look that great. Someone said we have an easy few games now ? Coventry Sunderland Sheffield united Watford and only Norwich in between and that's away that don't look easy does it? PS it's only 11 pm at night imagine what I'm like in the morning lol.

Not disagreeing but....

Continuing with the agriculture analogy. What farmer will we end up with. I've already heard the crazy rumors about Carlo's or others but why would they leave mid season? we are masters of pipe dreams when we look for a coach. Not intended as a slam on us but just stating the fact that we have to have someone that's better.

It does make me appreciate what a master stroke it was to get MB to come to us years ago. I also have to look back and say that Simon and Wise/Poyet were pretty special given the absolute garbage owner we had at the time. No one else really stands out over the last 20 years.

Might be a case of the farmer we have, while maybe not grade A, is better than what we'd get mid season.

I suspect the 49ers will be speaking to as many people as possible to upskill themselves. The new recruitment team and very experienced too.

I suspect the short term goal is to get to the PL this season and Farke should be capable of that. Sure he will be under pressure and scrutiny.

Who knows if the Tractor Boys get relegated McKenna would be a good upgrade and have one year’s more experience.

I wish Farke would change the brand of Football.

Last season against Ipswich we were absolutely brutal/brilliant so it shows we/he can do it.

While I am grateful for the 3 pts against Cardiff it was a tough old watch.

Coventry ain't a bad side so we need to be at it this Saturday.

Whilst I too am grateful for the 3 pts v Cardiff.
    Playing boring to win, might not have been a tactic.
    It may have been all that Farke could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    I wish Farke would change the brand of Football.

Last season against Ipswich we were absolutely brutal/brilliant so it shows we/he can do it.

While I am grateful for the 3 pts against Cardiff it was a tough old watch.

Coventry ain't a bad side so we need to be at it this Saturday.
    We where brilliant against Ipswich twice last season Rev I agree - but we where **** against Blackburn, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday and all the other dross in this league who park the bus - same seems to be true again. but, the priority is getting promoted and that entails not getting caught on the break [As we did against Burnley] and Farke basically admitted as much when answering the critics who said HE was too negative against ten man Cardiff.
    Think this weekend will be a real test - Covenrty took 4 points off us last season - Robins seems quite cute tactically.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)