+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Hopefully plenty of rain around because I can see Lancs upping their game and beating Worcester. And Warwickshire are a tidy outfit. Justice will see Notts relegated and newell/moores on their way. Staying up would just paper over the cracks
    What do you mean by justice.

Isn’t justice done over a season by the number of points gained?

Something has to change at the club. The AGM was not good. Purse house clearly talks a good game, but the fact Moores was clearly baffled by the criticism just shows how cosy the culture of the club has become.

How can you be the head of cricket at a wealthy First class test match hosting county for 9 years and produce so few cricketers of note through your system.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Something has to change at the club. The AGM was not good. Purse house clearly talks a good game, but the fact Moores was clearly baffled by the criticism just shows how cosy the culture of the club has become.

How can you be the head of cricket at a wealthy First class test match hosting county for 9 years and produce so few cricketers of note through your system.
    I've heard there were some issues at the last Members Forum a couple of weeks ago which ended with Pursehouse launching into a bizarre defence of Newell and Moores saying that people should understand what a difficult job they have and that fans should not be calling for them to go every time Notts CCC lose a match. Newell was supposed to have left or watered down his role at the club in 2016 yet is still there. Moores achieved success at Sus*** and to a lesser extent Lancashire (that's why he got the England job) so why hasn't he been successful at Notts. Of course the real problem is they prioritise the ground more than the team, the Pavillion has got to be closed next year and they also prioritise the franchise lot.

Notts 27/1 delayed start
    Worcs 22/3 delayed start

Close of play sees Notts end up 33/2, Worcs 119/7. Lancashire look to have worked a winning position, so I think we have to avoid defeat to stay up. The weather for the next 3 days is mainly dry and bright, so it's time for a few Notts players to step up and show their worth. Can't say I'm particularly confident, when the pressure is on Notts usually bottle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Close of play sees Notts end up 33/2, Worcs 119/7. Lancashire look to have worked a winning position, so I think we have to avoid defeat to stay up. The weather for the next 3 days is mainly dry and bright, so it's time for a few Notts players to step up and show their worth. Can't say I'm particularly confident, when the pressure is on Notts usually bottle it.
    Not good so far, but let's see how day two goes before calling panic stations.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182