+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best ever away day

The 6-1 at Wealdstone. We could've had ten.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes, I was at that one, definitely one of the best moments of the Warnock era. They were 6th and us 2nd. We'd gone off the boil after Xmas and that was our only away league win in the first 7 trips of 1990. As well as doing the double against Rotherham, we took max points that season from Birmingham, Huddersfield, Mansfield, Brentford, Orient and Cardiff. Not much chance - Orient aside - of seeing Notts take 6 points off any of those sides in the near future. Ironically the only team to take 6 points off us that season was Bury.
    The Rotherham one was a cracker. I think we beat Birmingham away the same week we beat Bristol Rovers at home, like one was on a Tuesday the other a Thursday. Wasn’t enough because Rovers kept winning 2-1.

Have to say my lad has just turned 18 and Bromley was a very good away day cos of the Spoons outside the train station!

Leeds away in the league cup beating their star studded team 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Leeds away in the league cup beating their star studded team 0-1
    Re: Wealdstone: I was thinking about recent.

Perhaps our greatest ever? was the first day back in the top division August, 1981.
    Champions Aston Villa v Notts "lambs to the slaughter" County.
    As I remember the pundits were all queuing up to ratchet up the goals... 4-0, 5-0, 6-0... In the end it was only 1-0 - to us!

Amazingly, there's extensive highlights on YT:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyqTlRl1VNE
    for the goal go to 8:33
    Last edited by Mark_Ross; Today at 05:18 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345