+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jones out for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    The ref was dire on Saturday but I thought the tackle that injured Jones was hard but fair. He certainly won the ball.
    Admittedly I haven’t seen it back on video.
    It was the initial foul on Abbott in the first minute that should have seen red!
    Agreed the first tackle on Abbott was deserving of a red card. Max Clark certainly saw the opportunity to leave one on George and it was certainly over the top.
    When George delivered retribution he played the ball but went through to repay the favour. The ref then gave Clark a yellow card at the first opportunity.

With regards to JJ the Gills player was certainly late and followed through. Definitely merited a free kick and a yellow card nit a throw in .

Watching the Brighton game at the Amex last Sunday on TV, I thought Gibbs-White had won the ball fairly. The video replay proved otherwise and a second yellow was correctly applied.
    The fall out on the benches resulted in both Head Coaches receiving reds and subsequent bringing the game into disrepute charges.
    Absolutely staggering that Guadiola angrily, kicking his seat and Arteta doing his regular childish whirling dervish act didn't even warrant a card !

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    It was the initial foul on Abbott in the first minute that should have seen red!
    I didn't see it as a red, but it was a definite yellow. It was identical to the one Abbott was (stupidly) booked for a couple of minutes later - both were late challenges on the player and no contact with the ball. It set a pattern of inconsistency from the officials all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't see it as a red, but it was a definite yellow. It was identical to the one Abbott was (stupidly) booked for a couple of minutes later - both were late challenges on the player and no contact with the ball. It set a pattern of inconsistency from the officials all game.
    You might be right, Ive not watched it back and was sat in the Kop.
    From memory he took a heavy touch and then came over the ball with a high foot. It looked reckless.
    I said to my mate that’s a red card if it happens in the 75th minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He was substituted by Cundy in the 94th minute.
    He was on the pitch which seemed like an age.Firstly he was down unable to move whilst play continued. Secondly when he got up his movement was laboured and although up couldn't take part in any of the game.It took him a while to limp off the pitch. I couldn't understand why we didn't put the ball out to facilitate an earlier substitution and save him from continued pain.?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    He was on the pitch which seemed like an age.Firstly he was down unable to move whilst play continued. Secondly when he got up his movement was laboured and although up couldn't take part in any of the game.It took him a while to limp off the pitch. I couldn't understand why we didn't put the ball out to facilitate an earlier substitution and save him from continued pain.?
    I've said elsewhere it was uncomfortable to watch and he could barely raise a smile or wave to the applause he received on his slow journey back. And yes he really was a passenger for the best part of 5 mins. Hopefully someone knew what they were doing but it all seemed a quite unnecessary risk to leave him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I've said elsewhere it was uncomfortable to watch and he could barely raise a smile or wave to the applause he received on his slow journey back. And yes he really was a passenger for the best part of 5 mins. Hopefully someone knew what they were doing but it all seemed a quite unnecessary risk to leave him on.
    The ball didn't go out of play in the time and the play was on the other side of the pitch. I think it becomes a problem because so many players try it on nowadays that you get cry wolf syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The ball didn't go out of play in the time and the play was on the other side of the pitch. I think it becomes a problem because so many players try it on nowadays that you get cry wolf syndrome.
    With hindsight we should have put the ball out of play and got Cundy on earlier because we were playing with 10 men after the 'tackle' on Jones. Easier said than done when you're chasing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    After he got up there were at least 3 people on the bench gesturing frantically telling him to go down. Which he then did.
    What I don’t understand is why didn’t the trainer get anyone else on to help carry him off?
    Was it a decision of the ref to go off on the far side? He must have had to limp nearly 200 metres instead of just 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    With hindsight we should have put the ball out of play and got Cundy on earlier because we were playing with 10 men after the 'tackle' on Jones. Easier said than done when you're chasing the game.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At first I thought he was trying it on then it became clear obviously he wasn't. If he can limp around the pitch I don't think it will be too bad. I hope! But I would be surprised if he is playing this weekend. very very surprised.

There was also a video on YouTube against Bromley - a video log by a Bromley supporter. He filmed most of the second half and there were two tackles on Jones that were both red card material. One tackle, the lad filming caught it perfectly. It was the second half, the Bromley defender jumped in the air to clear the ball and then followed through onto Jones' ankle. You heard Jones scream and he was left on the floor. I'm not sure if the linesman was that side, but the referee had his back to it. I'm trying to find the video, but it may have been removed because of the amount of unlicensed footage of the game on it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast