+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

I merely queried how rubbish England were at times after those embarrassing defeats in this World Cup but you can't argue with this semi-final win over Oz in 35 overs. We were brilliant with the ball and on the field and shear class with the bat. Hopefully we'll do it all again in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    You said we'd mess it up. We ain't.
    We haven’t won it yet.

No need for such a smug attitude.

Like Botham said the one thing that cheers me up is an Aussie without a smile on his face...

We had a Kiwi come and play for our club a good few years ago worked with him and became great friends his first port of call on landing was a trip to see us, a good night was had.

Could be a bit worrying as the Kiwis are coming back into form, looks a good game in prospect.

Only gripe I have is the final is at Lords, I think the Oval is a better track and it's flat.

Hey credit to all those Brummies as well in the crowd at Edgbaston lol, I agree that they always make it a fantastic game to watch when England are playing there and doing well.

We totally whacked the arrogant Aussies all over the park today and I think some of them are still in tears arent they tonight ?. Im also in tears, tears of laughter at how they were going to thrash us and NZ in the Final etc.

However all joking aside, we've now got to step up to the plate and WIN the Final at the weekend, or all this counts for nothing again which is what we've done in the past havent we. First of all I will give credit to NZ for getting to another Final and they are a definite dark horse to win it. But we cant afford to blow it again, not this time in another Final and in front of our own fans!.

There’s a lot to admire about NZ in general.

For a small nation they produce some staggeringly great sportsmen.

We should win,I hope we win but if we have to lose to anyone this is one nation I wouldn’t begrudge.

Humble and classy.

May the best team win.

It sounds daft Mick but Im often the same as well regarding NZ, I dont have any sort of sporting grudge against them at all and I know they dislike the Aussies just as much as we do.

However, the gloves have got to come off for ths Final and we've got to try to batter them as well if possible!. So no pressure then eh on our lads lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It sounds daft Mick but Im often the same as well regarding NZ, I dont have any sort of sporting grudge against them at all and I know they dislike the Aussies just as much as we do.

However, the gloves have got to come off for ths Final and we've got to try to batter them as well if possible!. So no pressure then eh on our lads lol.
    I have to say though that I really liked the Aussies on my first ever visit there earlier this year Acid.........for me the rivalry is purely sporting as I loved their country and their people and if I was younger I could’ve easily moved out there if I’d tried it 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

We should win,I hope we win but if we have to lose to anyone this is one nation I wouldn’t begrudge.

Humble and classy.

May the best team win.
    If both teams play to their full potential then we should win but it's England in a final and anything can happen. I too don't have a problem with cricket NZ. What does wind me up is the All Blacks doing that blo*dy Haka and how they think it's a god given right that everyone else should show fawning subservience to it. Always thought it should be banned as it only serves to psyche them up and give them an unfair sporting advantage. Seeing the arrogant AB's getting beat (albeit rarely) is on a par with seeing the Aussie cricket team getting taken down a peg or two IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Humble and classy.

May the best team win.
    Have to agree with that view on the Blackcaps Mick, the three match test series we had with them a few years ago was one of the most enjoyable to watch. All pretty close games which could have gone either way and the spirit that series was played in I probably wouldn't have minded if it had gone the other way.

However, the Kiwi's are just as efficient at scrutinising other teams as any other team that played in this series and Roy and Bairstow will be put under the microscope in an attempt to take away the great start they give us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Have to agree with that view on the Blackcaps Mick, the three match test series we had with them a few years ago was one of the most enjoyable to watch. All pretty close games which could have gone either way and the spirit that series was played in I probably wouldn't have minded if it had gone the other way.

However, the Kiwi's are just as efficient at scrutinising other teams as any other team that played in this series and Roy and Bairstow will be put under the microscope in an attempt to take away the great start they give us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk
    It's cetainly to their credit that a nation with a population about half the size of London can compete at different sports. I heard this morning they had won 4 netball world cups which is 4 more than England. Add cricket, Rugby League, sailing and I remember when their middle distance runners were the best in the world.
    And I think they have managed a reasonable Rugby Union side or two over the years.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)