+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Motherwell Home - 18th November .......

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im not asking for a new manager. Im asking for the current one to stop f@cking about
    Aye that's a good shout. DM got us consistently back in to Europa but the thing is he decides to pack the tombola just as we are looking good enough to see off the likes of Kairat/ Maribor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McInnes isn’t going to be here forever so we will find out one way or another.

A lot of guys on here who want rid of McInnes are the same guys who thought getting rid of Calderwood and replacing him with McGhee was a good idea,although they always deny because it was a complete disaster of an appointment.
    I wasn't keen on alex smith staying as manager, but alas it seemed to be all downhill after that.
    It's a bit silly blaming fans for who is appointed though as we have never a say anyway.

I absolutely wanted rid of Calderwood & replaced by McGhee.

I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted 1_What a complete c*nt he’d turn out to be
    2_ Calderwoods players would pretty much down tools

Turns out it was a horrendous decision but the one to sack Calderwood was still right
    Last edited by Mason89; 19-11-2017 at 05:46 PM.

I just wish he'd **** off. DM has bored me rigid with all things AFC, especially the mock fawning of his achievements. It's *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You are assuming that the next manager that comes in is going to improve what McInnes has done,it’s more likely we will go back to battling for top 6 finishes with Milnes track record of appointing managers.
    We've been debt free for the last 3 years. DM's replacement will have a larger budget than Brown and McGhee had to work with when we were battling for top 6 finishes.

Milne wouldn't have too far to look for a suitable replacement, with our budget the likes of Wright, Clarke, Coyle, Robinson and Archibald would be capable of doing a decent job here IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I like to think I’ve been fairly consistent about McInnes since day one
    I wasn't a member of this forum when McInnes was appointed so have no idea who you wanted to replace Brown. But do you honestly think that if McInnes hadn't been appointed we would have finished 2nd three season in a row, won the League Cup, got to 2 other finals? If so who would that have been? Milne was lucky that Mcinnes was available and therefore didn't cost anything so we were lucky to get him. Sure he's limited tactically and occasionally sends out weird formations - he gambles and sometimes the gambles don't come off. But, by christ, you really can't expect Milne to be that lucky again when McInnes goes. Because whoever comes in we won't get better than 2nd and we'll only win a cup if Septic **** up. Maybe you'd be happy seeing us coming towards the split worrying about whether we'd be in the top 6 or bottom 6?

He gambles? He does the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    I wasn't a member of this forum when McInnes was appointed so have no idea who you wanted to replace Brown. But do you honestly think that if McInnes hadn't been appointed we would have finished 2nd three season in a row, won the League Cup, got to 2 other finals? If so who would that have been? Milne was lucky that Mcinnes was available and therefore didn't cost anything so we were lucky to get him. Sure he's limited tactically and occasionally sends out weird formations - he gambles and sometimes the gambles don't come off. But, by christ, you really can't expect Milne to be that lucky again when McInnes goes. Because whoever comes in we won't get better than 2nd and we'll only win a cup if Septic **** up. Maybe you'd be happy seeing us coming towards the split worrying about whether we'd be in the top 6 or bottom 6?
    I’ve heard all that a million times before.

I could go through it again & tell you where I think you’re wrong but you’ll probably end up as bored as i am

I’ve heard all that a million times before.

I could go through it again & tell you where I think you’re wrong but you’ll probably end up as bored as i am
    OK then, humour me...who would you have liked to take over from Brown?

I absolutely wanted rid of Calderwood & replaced by McGhee.

I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted 1_What a complete c*nt he’d turn out to be
    2_ Calderwoods players would pretty much down tools

Turns out it was a horrendous decision but the one to sack Calderwood was still right
    I said at the time McGhee was a sh@t manager and was told at the time I was wrong because he managed in the glorious English Premier league and his Motherwell team at the time played great attacking football.It didn’t take a rocket scientist to work out his was a pysh manager but for some reason a lot of fans couldn’t see that because he was a former Dons player.

You are talking about some of Calderwoods players downing tools under McGhee,I could see a few in the current squad doing that when McInnes leaves.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast