+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Icky are confirmed to be leaving.

If £14k per week is true, who can blame them? That's probably at least 14 times what either of them will get in civvy street, so every year is buying them more than a decades wages. Any of us would do the same.

There aren't many players who've left us under Warne that have gone on to better things, even if they were expected/ing to. (Ajayi and Vaulks is it I think). Perhaps shows he's maximising their potential and these two won't do so well next season.Suspect we're going to have the last laugh over this.

Ihekwe isn't a big loss, it just feels like it cos we don't have many CB options.

I think if Smith had gone a a year ago after relegation from Championship we wouldn't be as bothered. He has had 1 good season by age of 30 and that was in L1. Hopefully, this means we might play different football which keeps us up, as last 2 times Smith played in Championship we were relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    If £14k per week is true, who can blame them? That's probably at least 14 times what either of them will get in civvy street, so every year is buying them more than a decades wages. Any of us would do the same.

There aren't many players who've left us under Warne that have gone on to better things, even if they were expected/ing to. (Ajayi and Vaulks is it I think). Perhaps shows he's maximising their potential and these two won't do so well next season.Suspect we're going to have the last laugh over this.

We might

Odd thing is SWFC got themselves in trouble for spending more than they earn, so are they rolling the dice one more time?

Maybe it’s out fault for not sorting Icky’s contract out earlier when he wanted to

Either way on to next season with some new players that will help us stay in championship
    Last edited by millertop; 22-06-2022 at 09:04 PM. Reason: I can’t spell

They have just released a joint statement:

"We would like it known that neither of us wanted to leave RUFC but having been shown the way the fans of SWFC get behind their team with a display of phone lights it brought tears to our eyes and cemented the deal".

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    The rumour doing the rounds at S6 is that they're both being paid 14k per week
    That’s a massive amount in particular for Iky who is only a good league one player ?

I wished Vaulks well. These two no. Let's get younger replacements for both.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    MYbe it’s out fault for not sorting Icky’s contract out earlier when he wanted to

Either way on to next season with some new players that will help us stay in championship

We gambled on keeping them to the end of their contracts rather than selling them before contract expiry.

Essentially that plan worked, both helped us to promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I wished Vaulks well. These two no. Let's get younger replacements for both.

Yes, and a change of playing style please. That league 1 approach won’t work in the Championship

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast