+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Need Madsters Help

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    A perfect example of the flawed EPC ratings. Check out number 49 that your daughter's looked at compared with next doors 47 epc rating..
    everything that makes number 47 a C, number 49 has (except cavity wall) and the extension looks newish so should meet current building regs which should make it even better though because one inspector has put "assumed" it automatically gives it the lowest rating
    Yes I just saw that. Another older stone property we've been looking at is a C (78) and when I looked on the site it says cavity wall insulation (assumed) and roof insulation (assumed). Without those assumptions it would be down at a D/E. I guess it depends if you have a brown envelope ready for the inspector

Each category has 5 point
    So it goes.
    very poor 1 point
    Poor 2 points
    AVG 3 points
    Good 4 points
    Very good 5 points

It's about getting the very poor ratings to good or better. Which would gain you 3 or 4 points per cat If it's already a good rating then throw a million pound at it you only gain 1 point..

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes I just saw that. Another older stone property we've been looking at is a C (78) and when I looked on the site it says cavity wall insulation (assumed) and roof insulation (assumed). Without those assumptions it would be down at a D/E. I guess it depends if you have a brown envelope ready for the inspector
    Are they assumed with a decent rating? Good or. V good. Or are they lower?

Still looking. They said they had an offer of 220 on the ex-council house in Herringthorpe but it hasn't gone SSTC yet. Maybe they were just trying it on as we said any offer we made would start with a 1.

Seeing lots of the modern 3 bed semi/town houses that were built around 2007/8 coming on the market. Problem is in many areas (Kilnhurst/Swinton/Bramley/Monk Bretton) those houses have never fetched anywhere near what was originally paid for them new and all of a sudden people think they are worth 60K more. Not really worth pissing them of by offering 170K when they are asking 230K.

Some nice houses coming up in Balby but daughter has done her research and decided it's a NO.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Still looking. They said they had an offer of 220 on the ex-council house in Herringthorpe but it hasn't gone SSTC yet. Maybe they were just trying it on as we said any offer we made would start with a 1.

Seeing lots of the modern 3 bed semi/town houses that were built around 2007/8 coming on the market. Problem is in many areas (Kilnhurst/Swinton/Bramley/Monk Bretton) those houses have never fetched anywhere near what was originally paid for them new and all of a sudden people think they are worth 60K more. Not really worth pissing them of by offering 170K when they are asking 230K.

Some nice houses coming up in Balby but daughter has done her research and decided it's a NO.
    Since covid all house prices have done is rise rise rise.

To record prices

If they can wait...wait as in the short term the market is only going to get worse...plus houses new to the market people have high hopes...look for ones that have reduced in price or been on the market over 3 months.

Houses that need work ie a renovation are less desirable plus you cam add value to it along with having it to your taste

There was a nice 4 bed in tickhill. Only 1 bath at around 200k. Only down side. It was right at the side of the petrol station.

Epc don't take any notice off them.

There was a nice 4 bed in tickhill. Only 1 bath at around 200k. Only down side. It was right at the side of the petrol station.
    I saw that and was going to get her to go and look at it. Then I did the Google street view and ruled it out.

Sod living next to that.

They will struggle to sell

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast