+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sterling..

re: Sterling..

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    If I said that it would be true...however, he has form right...a year or two ago he had to be dropped by Liverpool because of burn out...THEN he was young...THEN he was given a chance to mature but now at 19 I doubt his body will ever cope and almost certainly we will see later on this season that he will MANAGE to play in CL games and PL games when Liverpool need him.
    But why is that a problem? He is contracted to play for Liverpool and is handsomely remunerated for doing so. For his part of the bargain he must remain at peak fitness levels so he is available to fulfil his contractual obligations when required to do so.

He is under no such obligation to make himself available for anyone else. The ball is in Hodgson's court. If he feels he has been disrespected, marginalised or generally shat upon he has it within his remit to end Sterling's international career with immediate effect.

If I was managing a top football team, i

If "ramming my opinion down your throat" means suggesting - without being rude or trying to demean you - that you have made a sweeping statement that was clearly unjustified and perhaps not well thought through, which you then spend three pages trying, with a signal lack of success, to defend, then I plead guilty, and apologise if this is somehow upsetting.

'That was clearly unjustified'
    ???? In whose opinion...yours...clearly ? Not mine that's for sure...again here you go telling me that I am wrong and you are right. It may be the case but we'll have to wait until a WC or two before either of us can actually prove that.

'with a signal lack of success'
    yes because you don't seem to understand that I don't mind you having a totally different view to mine. I won't say you are wrong...I think in my opinion you are though but I respect your view without you continually saying sweeping statements such as 'Clearly unjustified'. Three pages and still you don't get it.

'The alternative w

I'm not saying it is a problem Whiskey...I agree, it is down to Hodgson.

I am advocating that he should do exactly that and not pick him again...that is my overall point.

If he doesn't want to play for England or cannot physically then fair enough...no he is not obligated at all.

'That was clearly unjustified'
    ???? In whose opinion...yours...clearly ? Not mine that's for sure...again here you go telling me that I am wrong and you are right. It may be the case but we'll have to wait until a WC or two before either of us can actually prove that.
    I'm not entirely sure you have grasped the operation of this forum. Or perhaps I have misinterpreted its purpose. We express our own opinions. So, when I say I believe something, that is – by definition – my opinion. If I wish to express your opinion, please rest assured I will let you know beforehand.

[quote="Hammerman69"]
    'with a signal lack of success'
    yes because you don't seem to understand that I don't mind you having a totally different view to mine. I won't say you are wrong...I think in my opinion you are though but I respect your view without you continually saying sweeping statements such as 'Clearly unjustified'. Three page

I've made him Captain of my Fantasy Football team this week which almost certainly guarantees him a s.hitty game

I think frog is jealous, 69 can type as much as he can!!

and there you go again...you never said you believed something you just wrote that I was clearly wrong, my opinion was clearly unjustified etc. That is what makes you sound a bit like you feel you are superior.

Three pages of you trying to justify a position which, if we are all honest, was probably a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to start with.

Oh, ok...so if were to be honest then that was probably a knee-jerk reaction...I so not think so and I like to think that I am honest.

If I am prejudiced against pomposity then so be it, There is a difference between being prejudiced and disagreeing with someone. You can clearly not see it or are you again trying to sound clever.

It was meant as a complement Frog as you write well however, underneath it all seems to me to be an undercurrent of pomposity and an "I am right you are wrong and you need to know you are wrong' mentality. Just like a Sun Journo.

Frog.

Because of the vagaries of the site and it's "cannot reply" nonsense I am unable to highlight an obvious piece of grammatical and logistical ineptitude you have been guilty of.

I refer to your remark (Post 94) in which you indicate you believe scribblers who write for "The Sun" are worthy of the accolade "professional journalists".

I am prepared to concede, given your normal antipathy towards such scribblers, this was a legitimate typo or, given the hour, an excess of some of your adopted land's famous grape juices.

Please don't let it happen again. I almost choked on my Glenfiddich.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    Frog.

Because of the vagaries of the site and it's "cannot reply" nonsense I am unable to highlight an obvious piece of grammatical and logistical ineptitude you have been guilty of.

I refer to your remark (Post 94) in which you indicate you believe scribblers who write for "The Sun" are worthy of the accolade "professional journalists".

I am prepared to concede, given your normal antipathy towards such scribblers, this was a legitimate typo or, given the hour, an excess of some of your adopted land's famous grape juices.

Please don't let it happen again. I almost choked on my Glenfiddich.

Professional as in they are paid, rather than referring to any behavioural characteristics.

And drinking Glenfiddich? At this hour? You really are living up to your username

That is what makes you sound a bit like you feel you are superior.
    I do NOT feel I am superior

I am.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)