+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Watching the daily press briefing. Someone from the BBC tries to ask a question but couldn't be heard, the next thing you see is a bloke leaning over him to fix the problem. He then asks why the Dom didn't follow social distancing rules.
    Tell you what Sinbad, you missed your calling. With a hot take like that you should have been some sort of political correspondent.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    My opinion is that the government have been far more reactive than proactive.
    I must have posted that exact same sentiment dozens of times on similar threads, but you have never once agreed. Now it seems that you are saying what I've been saying for weeks.

Further proof that you react to the poster rather than the post.

... the press, as usual, have tired of in this case the main issue, CV19, and as usual have gone for their usual short term hit, in this case, Mr C. It will fizzle out in a couple of days. Get over it ...

Some football fan on twitter.

"It's all our fault. None of us understood the guidelines and rules. Seems only two men did. This is genuinely disgusting isn't it
    Boris Johnson and his supine gaggle of entitled gargoyles have just insulted the nation. That's the word for their brazen contempt. Insulting. A slippery Parliamentary gang of cynics, fools and cretins who feel they are untouchable."

Looks like somebody is going to be sacked over this tomorrow.....

"Following Boris Johnson’s defence of Dominic Cummings at the Downing Street coronavirus briefing, the official UK Civil Service Twitter feed sent out the message: “Arrogant and offensive. Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?”

The tweet was removed within about 10 minutes of first appearing on the micro-blogging website, but not before it had been shared by around 1,000 users and liked by more than 30,000."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9530706.html

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Looks like somebody is going to be sacked over this tomorrow.....

"Following Boris Johnson’s defence of Dominic Cummings at the Downing Street coronavirus briefing, the official UK Civil Service Twitter feed sent out the message: “Arrogant and offensive. Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?”

The tweet was removed within about 10 minutes of first appearing on the micro-blogging website, but not before it had been shared by around 1,000 users and liked by more than 30,000."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9530706.html
    It's getting surreal.

One thing I have noticed about this government is they like to use a little trick whereby they say:

"... the press reports - much of which is palpably untrue"

And then journalists ask them to clarify exactly which parts are untrue, but they ignore the question.

They did it with the Sunday Times report on the handling of the virus. It's a way of rebutting accusations but leaving themselves plausible deniability if they get found out.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    It's getting surreal.

One thing I have noticed about this government is they like to use a little trick whereby they say:

"... the press reports - much of which is palpably untrue"

And then journalists ask them to clarify exactly which parts are untrue, but they ignore the question.

They did it with the Sunday Times report on the handling of the virus. It's a way of rebutting accusations but leaving themselves plausible deniability if they get found out.
    Speaking of The Times, here's a tweet this afternoon from its' former editor Tim Montgomerie "one of the most important Conservative activists of the past 20 years"............

"I’m really embarrassed to have ever backed Boris Johnson for high office."

https://twitter.com/montie

That was truly the PM's worst performance. He did not answer any of the questions - in particular the one which asked him how Demonic Cummings had managed to persuade him that he had not been to Barney Castle. (Let's face it, if that is true then no longer can Cummings claim he was doing this to protect his child).
    Doris has now cleared the courtrooms so that anyone brought to book for breaking 'the rules' can give as their central defence 'I did it because I was following my parental instincts'.
    Given time (and he's got plenty of it), Steer Calmer is going to take this PM to the cleaners.
    Where are you, Serious Pie, are you still telling me that this pillock will be our best Premier in recent times? I don't think so. He will do some awful damage to Tory Central Office before he's on his way.
    Last edited by sidders; 24-05-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That was truly the PM's worst performance. He did not answer any of the questions - in particular the one which asked him how Demonic Cummings had managed to persuade him that he had not been to Barney Castle. (Let's face it, if that is true then no longer can Cummings claim he was doing this to protect his child).
    Doris has now cleared the courtrooms so that anyone brought to book for breaking 'the rules' can give as their central defence 'I did it because I was following my parental instincts'.
    Given time (and he's got plenty of it), Steer Calmer is going to take this PM to the cleaners.
    Where are you, Serious Pie, are you still telling me that this pillock will be our best Premier in recent times? I don't think so. He will do some awful damage to Tory Central Office before he's on his way.

"The problem in the UK now is basically we’ve got to get the laziest man in the world to fire the guy who secretly does his job."

Arrogant and insulting.

He acted reasonably and with integrity, went with his instinct as any father or parent would.

So those who sacrificed their instinct to follow the lockdown regulations have acted unreasonably and without integrity.

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast