+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Which of these bands have I NOT seen live?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Same piece of earth, different year. I only went in '79, but your '76 attendance makes my Skynyrd guess wrong obviously
    Yes it WAs GP who was circulating in the same vicinity a couple of years running.

Less of the sixty somethings please! I'm only just 59 (yesterday), and just to prove its not all peace and love the highlight of my day was *******ing some ignorant Frenchies for blowing fag smoke over my dinner table at the 'posh' (ie expensive) restaurant she took me to. But yes you are right, music seems to unite in a strange way that most other things don't and how much better to talk about happier younger days than our parents. Not sure the current younger generation will be able to do it but hey ho
    Okay youngster! Doubt you’d have moaned about any ‘smoke’ at Knebworth .
    Not sure about the ‘current younger generation’...but I’ve seen plenty of bands with my kids who, sadly are no longer truly ‘young’.
    Biggest difference has been the size of the venues. Grew up on venues like Manchester Uni, Polytechnic, UMIST, Salford Uni, Free Trade Hall. Prefer the intimacy of such venues to the vastness of the NEC, MEN or Sheffield Arenas etc...but tbh, I’d take anything at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Doubt you’d have moaned about any ‘smoke’ at Knebworth .
    Not sure about the ‘current younger generation’...but I’ve seen plenty of bands with my kids who, sadly are no longer truly ‘young’.
    Biggest difference has been the size of the venues. Grew up on venues like Manchester Uni, Polytechnic, UMIST, Salford Uni, Free Trade Hall. Prefer the intimacy of such venues to the vastness of the NEC, MEN or Sheffield Arenas etc...but tbh, I’d take anything at the moment.
    Indeed and the prices!! I look at bands I saw in the 70's and 80's at good venues, where you could actually see the band, from £2.50 to a tenner! Last major gig was Cohen at Manchester MEN in 2013, 75 quid, mind you it was worth it, was close up on the side and got 3 and half hours of pure magic from an octogenarian!! These days, though not at the moment obvs I prefer small more local gigs, though there is some talent out there. Miss going out I ahve to admit.

Come on guys, its staring you in the face, you would assume I'd seen the artist but couldn't attend the ig. a clue they are no longer playing, though individual members do tour.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay youngster! Doubt you’d have moaned about any ‘smoke’ at Knebworth .
    in that case you should have mozied along to Kirk Hallam on saturday, my enterprising friend and former co-promoter Shane put on a drive-in open air gig featuring vintage R&B band The Revolutionaires, absolute banging success by all accounts with social distancing observed throughout - there was even a dancefloor where live-together couples did their jiving thing - all Council approved apparently, and there are more gigs planned while the weather holds

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Indeed and the prices!! I look at bands I saw in the 70's and 80's at good venues, where you could actually see the band, from £2.50 to a tenner! Last major gig was Cohen at Manchester MEN in 2013, 75 quid, mind you it was worth it, was close up on the side and got 3 and half hours of pure magic from an octogenarian!! These days, though not at the moment obvs I prefer small more local gigs, though there is some talent out there. Miss going out I ahve to admit.

Come on guys, its staring you in the face, you would assume I'd seen the artist but couldn't attend the ig. a clue they are no longer playing, though individual members do tour.
    your wording would suggest Pink Floyd

If it was a ticket for ABBA, then glandular fever would have been a relief, and you'd be too young for glandular fever when cream were still touring?

your wording would suggest Pink Floyd
    You are correct, I've seen virtually all the individual members doing various gigs and indeed was supposed to see Nick Masons's Saucer Full of Secrets this year, but its been put back to 2021.

I had tickets for the Wall Tour at Stafford but was struck down by Glandular fever and couldn't go. I've seen most of the good tribute acts and which have been excellent.

You are correct, I've seen virtually all the individual members doing various gigs and indeed was supposed to see Nick Masons's Saucer Full of Secrets this year, but its been put back to 2021.

I had tickets for the Wall Tour at Stafford but was struck down by Glandular fever and couldn't go. I've seen most of the good tribute acts and which have been excellent.
    I saw the Saucerful Of Secrets mullarkey on their first tour, bloody excellent and a lot more 'soulful' than anything Gilmour or Waters have provided over the past decades IMO. Gary Kemp was a bit of a revelation, well outside his Spandauy box and actually looking like the type of grump who'd have been telling his kids to 'turn that bloody Spandau Ballet rubbish down' back in the day

OK, new twist on theme. Which two of these embarrassingly bad acts have I actually bought a ticket for and seen:

Tears for Fears
    The Cheeky Girls
    Earth Wind & Fire
    Donna Summer
    Mud
    Vanilla Ice
    Vanilla
    Vanilla Fudge
    Sweet Sensation
    The Rubettes
    The Bay City Rollers
    Jedward
    The Police
    Michael Jackson
    Gloria Estafan
    Westlife
    Gloria Jones
    Peter Andre
    The Tams
    One Direction
    Showaddywaddy
    Black Lace
    Justin Beiber
    Phil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    OK, new twist on theme. Which two of these embarrassingly bad acts have I actually bought a ticket for and seen:

Tears for Fears
    The Cheeky Girls
    Earth Wind & Fire
    Donna Summer
    Mud
    Vanilla Ice
    Vanilla
    Vanilla Fudge
    Sweet Sensation
    The Rubettes
    The Bay City Rollers
    Jedward
    The Police
    Michael Jackson
    Gloria Estafan
    Westlife
    Gloria Jones
    Peter Andre
    The Tams
    One Direction
    Showaddywaddy
    Black Lace
    Justin Beiber
    Phil Collins
    you must have a different definition of embarrassing to me, for instance Showaddywaddy in their prime were one Hell of a show. Mud Likewise. Phil collins gets so much stick these days and I came to dislike him after reading his biography so I'll say him and Westlife, who led the charge to pop blandness

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)