+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Warne tactically inept at this level?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    After 10 games played ive come to the conclusion even if Warney gets the tactics spot on we havnt got the quality to compete in this division, hope things improve but cant see it, think once we drop into the bottom 3 we will be there to stay, im not a pessimist, im a realist. UTM
    Archie, having said that, I still feel we played some quality football against Birmingham, Huddersfield, Norwich and look where they are now.
    The big question is, where has all that skillful dominating football gone to?

Too defensive - no I think problem is we are pushed back

Too dimensional - no idea

Afraid to go attacking from the off with two up front - possibly

Too afraid to let the fringe players come in - I don’t think so

Shows too much respect to the opposition - definitely

Has his favourites - yeah that’s a issue

Il also add

He lacks the ability to motivate the players at half time if anything they look discouraged

It’s cringeworthy that we have this thread essentially saying a football manager is tactically inept and that the after the event hero’s on here know better.

Get a grip guys this is so embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    It’s cringeworthy that we have this thread essentially saying a football manager is tactically inept and that the after the event hero’s on here know better.

gm_gm, I thought about this earlier today and 'tactically inept' was too strong to use and I apologise for that, frustration got the better of me.

However, if you can/will, just take the time to read the first two pages of the Luton town post match thoughts and then let me know if you disagree with what was put. It covers ineptness with subs choices and tactical awareness and an awful lot of rubbish we are seeing being played at the moment that's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gm_gm, I thought about this earlier today and 'tactically inept' was too strong to use and I apologise for that, frustration got the better of me.

However, if you can/will, just take the time to read the first two pages of the Luton town post match thoughts and then let me know if you disagree with what was put. It covers ineptness with subs choices and tactical awareness and an awful lot of rubbish we are seeing being played at the moment that's not working.
    PW’s chasing of a result using different players but the same system smacks of Einstein’s quote:- “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

I think it's a case of Warne sets us up to be in the game Aslong as possible and try and scrape something.

Be fair we do play with 2 back tracking wingers.

I think what the problem is that we can't score or keep a clean sheet(apart from Wednesday or wycombe)
    But apart from reading we have only been losing by the odd goal.

If we could score and put a decent cross in we would be higher than we are with the same tactics.

Me personally would have 2 up front at home than play his current system away.

“ to be fair we do play with 2 back tracking wingers”

Indeed yes, but the system works better if you have two midfielders trying to be wingers rather than two wingers trying to be midfielders

Wasn’t it Warne what said there is no point in going in front early in the championship...

Crickey, views have changed since we signed Hirst & Barlaser.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

Nailed it gm cringeworthy and embarrassing comments from the usual sources

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast