+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

It sums up RUFC when apparently the only reason we should keep Warne is because we can’t get anybody any better.

Today was clueless and it’s totally the managers fault.
    His record in the championship is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    It sums up RUFC when apparently the only reason we should keep Warne is because we can’t get anybody any better.

Today was clueless and it’s totally the managers fault.
    His record in the championship is abysmal.
    It's a good point Yak but TS doesn't have a stellar record in picking them (AS (both of them) , NR and KJ were all lauded as great picks and proved not to be) so maybe rightly so he's a bit gun shy in going back to the well (or is it a cesspit)?

What was also lost under the dark clouds of the day was the fact we actually got a penalty decision go in our favour. Despite having lost the will to live by that point I was puzzling how the ref didn't give it when compared to the ones I've seen given this season.

I don't want Warne to be sacked. I'm like the rest of you and accept that we will be relegated. In all honesty, Warne isn't good enough for the championship. There are managers out there who would do better with us. If Warne got the Norwich job I suspect he would be sacked after a season or less. We are doing the same as last time we were in the championship. I know that's a sign of insanity but what can we do?

Crookes was garbage today. We may as well have played with 10 men.

I can't blame the forwards as they had nothing to work with but Smith is not cut out for the championship (based on many games). When he out muscled someone in the 2nd half on the right hand side he couldn't complete the job by controlling it well and putting a decent cross in.

Our whole team are like school boys. They all run towards the ball. That's why other championship teams have free men at the edge of the area every game.

As I said in the post match thread, this game gives us an indication of how the season will end up. It's not looking good.

Where were the balls around the pitch I’d like to know

Looked to me like Coventry City were playing three up front and they were quicker, found space abundantly and made our defenders look like statues. Mark Robins and his team did a job on us, they wanted it more, more determined and first to the ball.
    At least we played well for the first five minutes and at two nil down we were chasing the game and chasing the ball. Substitutions changed very little.

I wish people would stop blaming the players for our misfortune because it is not down to them that we are where we are. The blame falls squarly at the feet of Warny and his staff. You can have the best intentions in the world and the commitment to do it but you cant run to fast if your in a tub of treacle! The players are willing, commited and able but Warny's tactics are like that tub of treacle and we are going nowhere fast because of it.

Paul is playing the type of football that works in league 1 but he has to have more tactical knowledge for the championship and unfortantly he hasnt. Its as simple as that at the end of the day. 352= boot it up field as far as you can, 451= boot it up field as far as you can thats our game in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Where were the balls around the pitch I’d like to know
    There should be some rules on this. Harding was getting frustrated and rightly so, goal keepers were having to fetch the ball too.

Like to see at least 4 or 5 balls down the side lines, then 1 either side of the goal to speed up goal kicks.

A lot of blame going on Warne but in one of his videos recently he said, Barker looks after the coaching and he does the rest of managing.

Rotherham's strengths are in dead ball situations, where we our centre halves up into the penalty area, hoping to score, or a loose ball dropping right for one of our forwards.
    After that the team don't have strengths in going forward with the kick it up field tactic, we have to play it out from the back, using wingers to use the space, & get balls into the oppositions penalty area .
    Why do we keep shoving Smith out onto the wing, been said hes a good crosser of the ball, thats not his job, he should be in the penalty area waiting for a ball to be crossed to him.
    With corners we get we never have a player at the far post for a over crossed corner or free kick, in defence we don't defend the far post area, when crosses from corners or free kicks are taken by the opposition.
    I can never understand why we have one forward up field when the opposition has a corner, how many times do we see our forward not get the ball, so the opposition keeps the pressure on by returning the ball straight into our area, to me we should have two forwards in the outfield when the opposition gets a corner, that means that less opposition players are in our area, because two or three of their defenders have to mark our two forwards.
    Warne gets the pay for doing the job, time to change things around, different tactics, or new backroom staff / adviser, otherwise division one awaits the club.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast