+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

"A Government-backed push to heat millions of homes using hydrogen boilers risks increasing carbon emissions and speeding up global warming, a new academic paper suggests, in a blow for Boris Johnson’s green agenda.

Ministers are scrambling to shore up a key part of the country’s net zero carbon strategy after the findings in a peer-reviewed study suggested that even hydrogen produced using allegedly low-emission methods can be more polluting than gas or coal.

The research threatens to further jeopardise plans for a block on the sale of new natural gas boilers in the UK from the mid-2030s. It came as the Financial Times reported that the Government is backing away from this ban due to concerns over what it will cost householders."

It's not entirely one-way traffic, a rare reality check for eco-loons like Boris and Princess Nut Nut.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "A Government-backed push to heat millions of homes using hydrogen boilers risks increasing carbon emissions and speeding up global warming, a new academic paper suggests, in a blow for Boris Johnson’s green agenda.

Ministers are scrambling to shore up a key part of the country’s net zero carbon strategy after the findings in a peer-reviewed study suggested that even hydrogen produced using allegedly low-emission methods can be more polluting than gas or coal.

The research threatens to further jeopardise plans for a block on the sale of new natural gas boilers in the UK from the mid-2030s. It came as the Financial Times reported that the Government is backing away from this ban due to concerns over what it will cost householders."

It's not entirely one-way traffic, a rare reality check for eco-loons like Boris and Princess Nut Nut.
    Their besties are probably Hydrogen Boiler billionaires mon ami. That's how this shower of Tory $hit currently rolls.

I read in the Speccy, "Millions of homeowners could face capital costs of around £20,000 to decarbonise their homes." Only the Tories are this daft - surely?

Your Gav's in for the bullet very soon by the way.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 12-08-2021 at 08:10 AM.

I suspect it's not much more than the Princess squeezing Boris's nuts that driving this spasm of eco-loonery from the Tories BT. Once Cop26 is out of the way, I reckon they'll find a way to dump most of the green crap, this report looks like their first get out clause, there'll be more. Then they can leave the eco-loons to howl at the moon in their rightful homes, the Green Party, LibDems and Labour.

Gav eh, how do you reckon St Margaret would have dealt with him, not only put back in his box, he'd never have been allowed out of it in the first place. She'll be looking down right now at him, thinking..... WTF ? God rest her soul.

"She'll be looking down right now at him, thinking..... WTF"

She's not the only one sinkov. I'm trying my hardest to think of a more inept Cabinet Minister in my lifetime - I cannot!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "She'll be looking down right now at him, thinking..... WTF"

She's not the only one sinkov. I'm trying my hardest to think of a more inept Cabinet Minister in my lifetime - I cannot!
    BT --as it's exam results day, I'm afraid to say that "You must try harder!" ----there have been loads of very inept Cabinet Ministers in our lifetime, one of whom became PM after selling off lots of our gold reserves very cheaply.

I think the luscious Dianne 'white people love playing divide and rule' Abbott would be a definite runner in the Inept Cabinet Minister Stakes, and as Sub says, there would be a lot of runners.

We're off for a week on the North Norfolk coast next month. I had a look to see what was on offer at Sheringham's Little Theatre, it's a few years since we were last there. Across the top of their website is the usual stuff, Home, About Us, What's On, Get Involved, News, Your Visit, and then this one, Rewriting Rural Racism. WTF ? This is what it's all about.

"Rewriting Rural Racism was devised in the summer of 2020 in response to the growing awareness of the Black Lives Matter Movement. It was a springboard project which aimed to make Sheringham Little Theatre’s programme more racially diverse.
    The project was created by four young performers who grew up participating in Sheringham Little Theatre’s community work. The focus on rural racism was decided because, while Norfolk is made up largely from white communities, there are incredible stories, which are not always known, about Norfolk’s migration history. So the team wanted to raise awareness of the migration that has shaped East Anglia. Similarly, the founding team wanted to start conversations which were not happening naturally, due to an absence of multi-culturalism in Norfolk compared to other areas. The project celebrated all ethnic identities while also raising awareness of how racism can scar a person’s character and confidence. The project highlighted the talent of artists and members of the Norfolk community, who had powerful stories to tell. The first phase of Rewriting Rural Racism, which was funded by the Arts Council, finished in April 2021, but its legacy will continue through various forms within Sheringham Little Theatre."

Telling them they're racist seems a strange way to attract potential customers to me, but no doubt that's just me. It seems the indigenous population of these islands can't get enough of getting on their knees and owning up to racism, so maybe they're onto a winner. I do note that, once again, it's taxpayers money funding this drivel, that's your money and my money, but nothing we can do about it. I wouldn't go, but Mrs S has set her heart on a night out at the theatre, so I'll have to play along and put yet more of my money into this temple of wokeness. I just hope now they're asking for donations on the night, then I get the chance to tell them exactly where they can shove their sharp-edged collecting tins.

We truly live in a lunatic asylum.

sinkov---it will be a no cash collection so it will be their machines that they will have to shove wherever ---you can't have cash ---isn't it racist?

Actually Sub, I've jumped the gun with Mrs S, I assumed she'd still want to go, but having read that nonsense she's come to the same conclusion as me, we'll spend our money elsewhere. Good lass.

Chris Wood has been at it again-just wait till the plonkers discover he plays for the team with the most racist fans in the PL:-

https://www.rt.com/sport/532858-new-...ites-reaction/

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)