+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Southend United 11.12.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Yep he was great, and has quickly become my favourite player. Just does so much of what we’ve been lacking for the last few years. We do at some point have to start playing for 90 minutes if we’re going to threaten the top of the league though. A better team than Southend could have won that in the first half.

Ruben misses Chesterfield, Cal comes into the middle? Put Cameron on Tshimanga, job’s a good un.
    I'd imagine Mitchell and Wootton up top might be an option as both have something to prove. Mitchell as an ex-Spireite and Wootton vs. Tshimanga as a top NL striker.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    The first 3 words ‘Far from it’ was my reply to your question, but a win is a win and that’s all the history books will say. First half 4 out of 10… second 7 out of 10.
    I needed more detail. So the 7 out of 10 tells me that you thought it was good, or at least above average. I'll take that when scoring 3 goals in 45

I felt we needed to hear about both halves following your half time comments

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Does he not just miss next weeks Mickey Mouse cup game ?
    Sadly not. Suspensions don’t carry across different competitions

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I needed more detail. So the 7 out of 10 tells me that you thought it was good, or at least above average. I'll take that when scoring 3 goals in 45

I felt we needed to hear about both halves following your half time comments

Thank you.
    I'll try and help you out with my thoughts on the game. It was a well-deserved three points, but I think it also highlighted what we're good at and what we're not so good at. I thought the first half was pretty even and 1-1 was a fair reflection. Neither side created a lot, and our play was a bit slow, ponderous and negative. This is best summed up by us getting a free kick on our right side near our defensive corner flag. Instead of getting it away from the danger zone, we opted to pass it across our six yard box to Palmer, who then hit a pass backwards to Lacey who took a poor touch resulting in a corner to them. They had done nothing to earn a corner, none of their players even touched the ball! I am slowly warming to this 'build from the back' style, but there are occasions when it becomes far more of a risk than a positive move. We were much better in the second half, the play was a bit quicker and more direct, and our third goal epitomises what Burchnall is trying to do. It's well worth watching on a replay, because that goal belonged at a much higher level. Most of their chances were created by our mistakes rather than their creative play, but I'm more than happy with 4-1.

ps thank you for your updates on the Woking game laddo, interesting reading coming from someone who was there. On that basis, it's a pity you never reported on the "other" Notts game you attended this season. Then again, the Tories never had a Christmas party!

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    A good game and a well deserved 3 points. I thought Vincent was brilliant today and should have been the MOTM...
    I thought so too. Absolutely full of running, made things happen and I think he's done fantastically well after being entirely overlooked until we were in a slump.
    Cameron and Lacey, Palmer and Vincent and Wootton was a formidable spine today.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I thought so too. Absolutely full of running, made things happen and I think he's done fantastically well after being entirely overlooked until we were in a slump.
    Cameron and Lacey, Palmer and Vincent and Wootton was a formidable spine today.
    This. Great spine today. First half was it’s usual self. Second half looked far more creative, flowing and attacking. You can still see IB getting peed off by the backward passes, especially from Brinds today.
    Vincent was superb. Involved in everything, available all the time for a sharp pass.
    Didn’t think we used the Florest lad well in the first half. I suppose it could be down to not knowing him enough, but lots of times he was wide open and they went backwards instead.
    Parsons looked up for it when he came on as well.

January wise…if Woots goes, then we need a big signing as a replacement.
    Roberts won’t be going anywhere. Since the injury, he’s been in and out of games. Good to see him on the score sheet today, but I would have subbed him before he scored so shows what I know!
    RR. I don’t think he’ll go anywhere. Loves the showy stuff and gets caught out a bit for bigger clubs to be throwing big money imo. Missing Chesterfield won’t help him either. I’m sure the radar is looking at good number 10s as we speak just in case and I think if he does jump, we can replace.
    Woots is the concern as he is always there when needed. If he leaves, cheque book time!

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    How did the lad from over the river get on?
    It’s never you Chris is it?

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    This. Great spine today. First half was it’s usual self. Second half looked far more creative, flowing and attacking. You can still see IB getting peed off by the backward passes, especially from Brinds today.
    Vincent was superb. Involved in everything, available all the time for a sharp pass.
    Didn’t think we used the Florest lad well in the first half. I suppose it could be down to not knowing him enough, but lots of times he was wide open and they went backwards instead.
    Parsons looked up for it when he came on as well.

January wise…if Woots goes, then we need a big signing as a replacement.
    Roberts won’t be going anywhere. Since the injury, he’s been in and out of games. Good to see him on the score sheet today, but I would have subbed him before he scored so shows what I know!
    RR. I don’t think he’ll go anywhere. Loves the showy stuff and gets caught out a bit for bigger clubs to be throwing big money imo. Missing Chesterfield won’t help him either. I’m sure the radar is looking at good number 10s as we speak just in case and I think if he does jump, we can replace.
    Woots is the concern as he is always there when needed. If he leaves, cheque book time!
    Portsmouth will be signing Tsimanga in Jan. Hopefully happy days all round for us.

More than likely. If Woots leaves, we need a player of similar calibre who can dominate the box and keep up a regular scoring ratio.
    I’m sure all clubs would like that too though!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast