+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Fulham match thoughts

Well for what it's worth ? I'm led to believe things are still ongoing regarding a new consortium , and the Conway Out Group has played a part in attracting these prospective new buyers , we shall see /hopefully soon ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well for what it's worth ? I'm led to believe things are still ongoing regarding a new consortium , and the Conway Out Group has played a part in attracting these prospective new buyers , we shall see /hopefully soon ,
    Cant happen quickly enough for me.

I see Ahmad is preparing the ground for ST sales by writing an "emotional" letter praising fans on the Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Cant happen quickly enough for me.
    Been nowt but a curse on the club Eths , a nivva thought ad see a day when I didn't want to go to Oakwell , this lot have managed to make me feel unwanted and not appreciated , I always will want us to win any game's , even friendlies ! I just can't stomach the thought of going until this lot go , it's been easier to accept than I first thought , I don't miss being in the ground anymore other than missing the people who we sat nearby , they have damaged this club beyond belief in my opinion , it's disgraceful .
    Last edited by Romared; 14-03-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I see Ahmad is preparing the ground for ST sales by writing an "emotional" letter praising fans on the Official Website.
    iffa gerra letter al geeit an Elvis ! R T S address unknown !
    Shuv thi Flatbreds and % pc lager Rsoyle .

Been nowt but a curse on the club Eths , a nivva thought I see a day when I didn't want to go to Oakwell , this lot have managed to make me feel unwanted and not appreciated , I always will want us to win any game's , even friendlies ! I just can't stomach the thought of going until this lot go , it's been easier to accept than I first thought , I don't miss being in the ground anymore other than missing the people who we sat nearby , they have damaged this club beyond belief in my opinion , it's disgraceful .
    Im of exactly the same mindset Roma. Ive only got 53 years under my belt as a red so im just a nipper compared to some of our posters. Even when I was playing at weekends I would still attend as many matches as I could. Something in my gut told me these owners were wrong uns and Im happy I decided not to attend, they have never had a penny from me, they never will and Im content with that.

As someone else posted earlier, I have also had several opportunities to attend Oakwell having been offered a free ticket but I just cant bring myself to into the right mindset and go along. I have to say Im like you, staying away has been much easier than I thought and these owners have given me all the reasons I need to stay away. I wont change until they have gone. I just hope the next owners are credible and have the club, game and town at heart.

Thats not to say I dont want the team to win, I do. Most of the time the players give it a good go but they just arent up to championship level just yet, some of them never will be. I have criticised some of them at times but its not their fault they have been thrown under a bus by the ridiculous policies of this ownership.

I live in hope that change comes sooner rather than later. I dread to think what this close season might bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I am a west stand season ticket holder with over 60 seasons under my belt & the way I have been treated by these owners this season has been nothing short of disgusting & I despise them for it but I know I will be renewing my season ticket again , its what I do , I watch the reds through thick & thin , I was here before this lot rolled in & hopefully will be still here when they are long gone , my support is unconditional , now I know my views will swim against the tide with most of fellow contributors on this forum but I am not going to change , I love going to Oakwell to watch my team . I expect I will take some stick for my comments but at my time of life the skin is pretty thick lol .
    No stick from me Shad , totally respect what you are saying .

As I said earlier my problem is with those who condemned Luke Goddard and the Protest Group with from what I understand some really hateful personal abuse on social media .

Been nowt but a curse on the club Eths , a nivva thought ad see a day when I didn't want to go to Oakwell , this lot have managed to make me feel unwanted and not appreciated , I always will want us to win any game's , even friendlies ! I just can't stomach the thought of going until this lot go , it's been easier to accept than I first thought , I don't miss being in the ground anymore other than missing the people who we sat nearby , they have damaged this club beyond belief in my opinion , it's disgraceful .
    I'm in the 50 odd years section. It's been easier than I thought, not to go, Roma. I'm now happy watching on the box, saves me a long drive as well. I'm with you in that I don't feel my support is valued or appreciated. That's my view. I completely respect those like Shadrack who still go and understand their reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No stick from me Shad , totally respect what you are saying .

As I said earlier my problem is with those who condemned Luke Goddard and the Protest Group with from what I understand some really hateful personal abuse on social media .
    I think the protest group's effect hasn't been seen yet Animal. People like me, who have a season ticket but aren't using it, are still counted in attendances. You can see from the crowds on Tele that the attendances are being overstated. We'll see the true effects of the protest group in season ticket sales and maybe the mockers will have a rude awakening. There's no doubt about it, supporters are cheesed off with these owners, even people like Shadrack who goes to the games despite the owners.

If Luke has got some interested parties then he’s done a great job. I’m with Arby, it’s been easier to miss. Going tomorrow for the first time since Huddersfield away, and the first time at Oakwell since early November. The protest may have fizzled ( as I thought it would ) and I didn’t know the lad but it looks like his genuine love for the club and desire to get stuff rolling was hijacked by idiots, and then he’s taken personal stick.
    Hope he’s ok.
    Respect to Shadrack. Good on yer. Your choice mate.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast