+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: IB in the running for the Lincoln job

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    On that basis I hope you haven't been a Notts fan long lol.

Aim for 1st of course but I didn't expect it, it wasn't the only acceptable position for me this season.

I hear what you are saying but the problem with football whether replaying or watching is not all of the starting XI give 100% every game over a long season, tbh not even close.

How often do have we seen Notts produce the 100% effort, if they are the better side fair enough, sort of perfomances consistently over a whole season? It doesn't happen because players rarely have the ability to do so at 5th tier level. That's why a good proportion are playing NL football they aren't consistent with performances.

I get the feeling we've had 3 or 4 consistent very good performers this season when you need 6 or 7 to win the league.
    Only supported notts for a minimal amount of years,maybe that’s the problem(50 years)
    Whether non league or premiership,just the effort of giving 100% and trying aswell always helps,and will bring you more points to the table.
    That’s all a fan ever wants to see.
    Yes we are not robots,and have odd performances where your best is not good enough,but that’s why I say sometimes you give your best and hand up if you’ve been beaten by the better player/team.
    The question though will always be from me,why bother playing or trying if your not willing to give it your best shot
    Surely pride and a passion takes over once you cross that white chalk line.
    As a player my opposition always made reference after the game that I’m a complete different character.to the one that was on the field.
    I was in your face,hassling,nasty streak accidentally,kind,arrogant,would tread on your toes as I walked by because I didn’t see your foot had been moved,elbow in ribs as we jumped for a header all accidentally,but hey In return you would have to take it back.
    There was never a chance of a 50/50 going the oppositions way,no player was getting by me,as I moved the wrong way accidentally.
    Why would any player want to make the opposition feel like they’ve had an easy game,and smell of roses when they leave the field of play.
    Get at em,and let them know they’re in a game,and may the best team win
    All within the rules of the game..

And I agree laddo.
    3-4 players have been consistent performers which is why we are not top of the league.
    Which is why we are not top

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910