+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- World Cup 2022

Maguire probably England's MOM with a 5.5 simply because he won a lot of defensive headers. Sterile, toothless and boring. After impersonating a decent football team against Iran, we went back to playing like England. The talent is there, but it's underused far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Maguire has done alright...the rest of it has been dreadful. Like watching paint dry.
    Maguire was the only player who came out of the game with any credit from an English perspective. The rest were very poor. How Mount stayed on for 90 minutes is the greatest mystery. Painfully slow in possession again. That US game against Iran will be fascinating.

Great against Iran
    Very poor against USA.
    Played poorly and didn't lose shows the talent Gareth has at his disposal.
    Basically qualified out the group with a game left.
    G Nev is bang on , Foden should start, he's the best English player. How he isn't brought on during a drab 0-0 game when we were second best I will never know.

Still as has just been pointed out when we were second best and drew 0-0 in the Euros against the Jocks, there was a mini meltdown. They celebrated like they had won the tournament and went out, we reached the final.

We will qualify top. No surprise.

Not an attack of note for England after about the 8th minute. And I am not surprised if I was a betting man I would have gone for 0-0. Any team that employs a decent level of press on England will have success. Average worth of a player on that team is 57.5 million quid apparently. I didn't see 50ps worth. He won't make changes for the next game unless he is forced to. It's hard to decide which manager is more frustrating Southgate or Birchnall.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Not an attack of note for England after about the 8th minute. And I am not surprised if I was a betting man I would have gone for 0-0. Any team that employs a decent level of press on England will have success. Average worth of a player on that team is 57.5 million quid apparently. I didn't see 50ps worth. He won't make changes for the next game unless he is forced to. It's hard to decide which manager is more frustrating Southgate or Birchnall.
    Both crap.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Played poorly and didn't lose shows the talent Gareth has at his disposal.
    I'd say the words 'played poorly' shows the talent he has at his disposal isn't being used effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maguire probably England's MOM with a 5.5 simply because he won a lot of defensive headers. Sterile, toothless and boring. After impersonating a decent football team against Iran, we went back to playing like England. The talent is there, but it's underused far too often.
    Yeah, Maguire was our best player by some distance. I thought the subs did okay. Apart from that, pi55 poor. If this is the best we can do then humiliation awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd say the words 'played poorly' shows the talent he has at his disposal isn't being used effectively.
    Well it was against Iran, we scored 6, but certainly not tonight.

Plus there were huge collective moans when we drew with Scotland and then impressed in subsequent games to reach a final. USA are light years ahead of Scotland imo.

I think even allowing for the fact Southgate was obviously happy to take a point as conservatively as possible, some players' performances were shocking. Bellingham, Saka, Sterling and Mount.

We really need to start with Foden and Grealish against Wales and get on the front foot.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast