+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am still awaiting someone picking us a better calibre of manager than Adi Hütter? We can get him….we just need to ask. Anyone out of football that loves the game will take on a challenge to get the juices flowing again. Adi Hütter is the man…get it done.
    Apart from the obvious questions on why he has been out of work since the summer- able to choose where his next job is, fear of tarnishing his reputation with the wrong move, salary expectations, there must have been offers from other clubs- whether Bundesliga, other European clubs of good pedigree in similar situation to ourselves. So can’t see him jumping at getting the juices flowing where there would be real danger his stock will fall on another unsuccessful gig.
    I will be honest to admit I know very little of the guy, but this is a good example of failings at B moenchengladbach and parallels with rigid formations and poor quality wingbacks.

Decent article
    https://themastermindsite.com/2021/1...ical-analysis/

I would add that having success at more than one club in more than one country shows he should not be judged on his last appointment but having went back a bit, would imagine his next job he would be more cautious as to what he was walking into

If there was any realistic chance then I would hope that someone would get in touch - but do not believe this to be a realistic option for us.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If he prefers a back four then go for it.
    RJs Adi Hutter likes a 3 4 2 1 according to Kincorth Don's link.

Sack him now.

Absolutely, Adolf out.

Adolf was a piss artist, OK

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The fact you were in stitches when you found out his name a few weeks back suggests you hadn't heard of him until then either.
    I didn’t but I heard about him before the rest. Get him in.

What’s to not like about employing a manager who has been relatively successful. It’s a must for us…we can’t appoint another manager praying he will be the answer even though he has won sweet FA. Logic will tell you we need a better standard of coach to become an actual better team. It’s not rocket science.

What’s to not like about employing a manager who has been relatively successful. It’s a must for us…we can’t appoint another manager praying he will be the answer even though he has won sweet FA. Logic will tell you we need a better standard of coach to become an actual better team. It’s not rocket science.
    Relatively successful. Not good enough. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    Relatively successful. Not good enough. Next.
    True….as a football message board we should all really hope we employ another diddy manager. If say we hire Adolf, this place would have zilch to moan about and the numbers of posts would dramatically drop. The wine competitions would stop as the chief wine maker would be too busy guzzling his finest due to celebrations of winning silverware. I could start one myself but no one is wanting to win a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi Max.
    In theory we need the good people of the FMB to appoint someone who can keep us all communicating with each other more frequently. In that respect we should open our arms out and welcome Charles Adam. We can thank the FMB for their contribution to the internet community later.

True….as a football message board we should all really hope we employ another diddy manager. If say we hire Adolf, this place would have zilch to moan about and the numbers of posts would dramatically drop. The wine competitions would stop as the chief wine maker would be too busy guzzling his finest due to celebrations of winning silverware. I could start one myself but no one is wanting to win a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi Max.
    In theory we need the good people of the FMB to appoint someone who can keep us all communicating with each other more frequently. In that respect we should open our arms out and welcome Charles Adam. We can thank the FMB for their contribution to the internet community later.
    Afraid to say this to you, but far more diddy managers in the game than good ones and most clubs are hoping to achieve the same thing. Even managers who have had relative success at other clubs usually find themselves sacked quite quickly when they move on, even more so when they move to other countries.

Glass was a bad appointment, I thought Goodwin was uninspired, but though he may at least have steadied us.

I am still of the belief that whoever we employ as manager, they will struggle until we overhaul the structure of the footballing side of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Afraid to say this to you, but far more diddy managers in the game than good ones and most clubs are hoping to achieve the same thing. Even managers who have had relative success at other clubs usually find themselves sacked quite quickly when they move on, even more so when they move to other countries.

Glass was a bad appointment, I thought Goodwin was uninspired, but though he may at least have steadied us.

I am still of the belief that whoever we employ as manager, they will struggle until we overhaul the structure of the footballing side of the club.
    It’s a good manager who should structure the club to suit their good team. Cormack/Milne/Gunn etc don’t have the ability to properly structure a successful football club. It’s not fully their fault because it isn’t their expertise.

It’s not fully their fault because it isn’t their expertise.
    It is if they can't see that they keep making an @rse of it!

Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast