+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Offs Quarter Finals

Didn't watch it just checked the final score but sounds like neither side impressed. Which is good.

Boreham Wood are a resilient team, but we're the last kind of team you want to play when you've just had the mental and physical exertion of a play-off quarter-final away from home during the same week. As others have said above, the key will be to avoid giving them an easy/stupid goal early in the game, and if we can get an earlyish one ourselves it will really put them under. They've got the best goalkeeper in the league in my opinion, but he seems to have picked up an injury, so that's a bonus too.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Boreham Wood are a resilient team, but we're the last kind of team you want to play when you've just had the mental and physical exertion of a play-off quarter-final away from home during the same week. As others have said above, the key will be to avoid giving them an easy/stupid goal early in the game, and if we can get an earlyish one ourselves it will really put them under. They've got the best goalkeeper in the league in my opinion, but he seems to have picked up an injury, so that's a bonus too.
    Yep, they looked exhausted at the end. On paper should be a pretty simple game plan for us, don’t gift them something to hold onto, don’t worry too much about going for the kill early, keep the ball and make them run.

They caused us problems in the league game at ML with an extremely aggressive man-to-man marking theory. Fair play if they’ve got the energy after tonight and the balls to do it in a play-off game, but I’d expect something different this time.

Luke Garrard said if he’s unfit they are allowed to bring an emergency keeper in ..knowing our luck they will get Ben Foster ����
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-05-2023 at 11:51 PM.

We owe them a good fkuking up.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    We owe them a good fkuking up.
    Might just be the other way against a sheite opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    The best team will ultimately win the play offs, and the league position and stats show that to be Notts
    This 'logic' does not work with one off games. Although we would all love it to be true.

One or two top players not firing on all cylinders, a mistake, a bad ref decision and a game can completely turn. The playoffs are often in the hands of the 'footballing gods' and normally, that doesn't favour us!!

Points mean nothing in the playoffs. Form, belief and confidence are everything.

The fact that some people think we already 'deserve' to go up works against us and it's very worrying.

I'm not looking forward to any of this at all, despite my total love for Luke and the lads this season and what they have done.

Buckle up folks.

Quote Originally Posted by nottscol View Post
    Absolutely. Empty seats seem to be the majority here tonight. The clubs are 5 miles apart and it's a play-off game. And the stadium is tiny. What is the matter with the fans of these two clubs? That stadium should be rocking!
    2,256 there last night

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    2,256 there last night
    Surely we have to use our numbers and support to the best advantage on Sunday. Respect the opposition and their fans but make Meadow Lane a place where the shivers of fear go up their spines.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Yep, they looked exhausted at the end. On paper should be a pretty simple game plan for us, don’t gift them something to hold onto, don’t worry too much about going for the kill early, keep the ball and make them run.

They caused us problems in the league game at ML with an extremely aggressive man-to-man marking theory. Fair play if they’ve got the energy after tonight and the balls to do it in a play-off game, but I’d expect something different this time.
    It's also a pretty straightforward game plan for Garrard - frustrate us as much as possible and wait for the fans and players to get impatient. If we haven't scored by half time, people will start thinking 'here we go again.'

I don't think any team at this level looks forward to playing Boreham Wood, which is testament to the job Garrard has done there. The key is to be patient, but an early goal would be ideal.

Re Ashmore - if he's out, that's a massive bonus for us. He always looks unbeatable against us. Sign him up!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast