+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Clearly, it's two levels. But we got promoted so - for next season - he's going to be playing one league higher than if he'd stayed with us.
    The question was posed to someone trying to ridicule what I'd said. Am I not allowed to defend my statement?

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Good luck Rodders. I echo what most are saying regarding Oxford strange decision indeed.
    Yes, ditto. Ruben didn't owe us anything and I thank him for his big contribution to our promotion and wish him well, but I can only think the choice of Oxford was money motivated rather than the best career move available. Frankly, if he was going to move, I think he should have been looking for a bigger club than them. I hope hje doesn't look back and think it was a wasted opportunity. I wish him well though, and I certainly wouldn't object to him coming back to us one day.

Seems a very odd decision at first sight, but essentially he's playing to earn money. He doesn't have many years left to make a mark. If he has a couple of good seasons there, then he will be in the shop window. If he doesn't, he'll probably still be in their team earning, as they won't have a huge squad.

Good decision Ruben, good luck and I'm sure you'll always be a Notts fan.

An additional bit. I wonder if McGoldrick coming to Notts was an agreement with Derby, where they would get RR. I bet they'd be a bit pi$$ed of if that was the case.

Both player were out of contract, how could there have been an agreement between the clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Probably the best and maybe even my favourite notts player I've ever seen, I just hope he makes the most of whatever opportunity he's turned notts down over and isn't regretting it in 6 months time.

The recruitment team have got their work cut out replacing his creativity though, any team is going to struggle with 30 less goals and assists in the team, so hopefully they can find someone, unless McGoldrick will fill the void.
    I liked Ruben, the best and favourite Notts player ever is a bridge to far, could probably name a whole team or more before Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    He's gone from the National League to League One, how many levels is that?
    Wrong as of his leaving date ,he represented a club in L2, so one level up
    He was a good player for us, but faded towards the end, we can get someone just as good or better, Fair play to Ruben if he wanted a change, got more money etc

Ruben's late-season form reminded me of Wootton's dip in form last season. Coincidence, or were their minds elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I liked Ruben, the best and favourite Notts player ever is a bridge to far, could probably name a whole team or more before Ruben
    I never said he was the best Notts player ever. I said he's the best I've seen since 2005 when I went to my first Notts match and my favourite since then too. He's obviously nowhere near the best Notts player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Both player were out of contract, how could there have been an agreement between the clubs?
    Well obviously it wasn't a contractual agreement otherwise there would have been a breach of contract. I never said that. However, there could have been an (and I'll use the same word again) 'agreement' between the two clubs. Ruben, DM, Derby, Notts and Ruben's agent possibly could have been party to it. His agent could have then used that 'agreement' to get a better deal from Oxford.

I can't really see why Derby would have let McGoldrick go after his last season. Even if he only played 75% of the games.

Lots of ifs and buts, but there did seem to be some incestuous connection around the whole thing.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast