+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

I just can't worry or show any concern when a managerial vacancy appears at a club in a higher division.
    It is going to happen time and time again so why Eek about it each time?

Other than Oxford being a stunningly beautiful historic city, and Oxfordshire also being an upgrade on Nottinghamshire I can't see any other reason to go.

Bristol City on the other hand was a different ball game, much bigger club and much higher ceiling. Plus another fantastic city.

We really shouldn't be worrying about a club the size of Oxford poaching our manager, but that job has to be seen as a potential stepping stone with the opportunity to put another promotion on the CV higher up the pyramid. They are very well placed, currently. Can't see them surviving in tier 2 if they can sustain the challenge, but then managers generally now have to consider short term moves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I would never be brave enough to predict with certainty how someone I don’t know personally would react to a potential job offer that has better short term prospects at least.

LW is always going to get linked with all sorts of jobs but I would agree that if he did go I would hope it would be to a bigger club than Oxford. But I hoped the same about Ruben and it seems to be working out for him.
    Totally agree BFP we don't know anything about his personal life, is his wife missing London and possibly family there ?
    Oxford is closer plus one of the nicest cities in the Country, Oxford play a similar style to us and the owner appears to have a lot of money and has bought into the Oxford project.
    Despite the above hopefully LW and his family really do love Nottingham(he says he does in interviews but he doesn't have much negativity about the majority of subjects or other teams) and he will stay here and taken us to the promised land
    TBH Oxford is a better proposition than FGR so all down to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We really shouldn't be worrying about a club the size of Oxford poaching our manager, but that job has to be seen as a potential stepping stone with the opportunity to put another promotion on the CV higher up the pyramid. They are very well placed, currently. Can't see them surviving in tier 2 if they can sustain the challenge, but then managers generally now have to consider short term moves.
    FGR poached our previous head coach, so anything can happen.

Maybe Ruben might follow him to Bristol?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Maybe Ruben might follow him to Bristol?
    Nah, that would be a step too far I think.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Poached yes but I’m not sure the club did much to try and keep him, it would be whole different ball game with LW.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Out of interest 61pie, are Chelsea your 2nd team or something?
    Can’t stand them I almost detest them has much as Arsenal if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Before he was pushed....

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I would never be brave enough to predict with certainty how someone I don’t know personally would react to a potential job offer that has better short term prospects at least.

LW is always going to get linked with all sorts of jobs but I would agree that if he did go I would hope it would be to a bigger club than Oxford. But I hoped the same about Ruben and it seems to be working out for him.
    Is it working out for Ruben? Lost the manager who persuaded him to turn down offers from bigger clubs just a few weeks into a long term contract? Think we'll have to wait a while to judge that one!

Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast