+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Morecambe 29.12.23 [EFL L2]

Regarding Gosling, i think he will come good for us, he was sat in the dugout watching that display unfold before his eyes, maybe he would love to be a part of that and it infused him to get back up to speed, he has to be a great player to have achieved what he has, he was in front of me when he came off, he was clutching his stomach like crazy and went straight down the tunnel,hope he gets back up to speed, turns it on for us, he is quality that we just havent seen.....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Interesting post-match interview with the Morecambe manager. Acknowledged that it could have been a cricket score, but a couple of erroneous comments - that we have one of the best budgets in the league and that because of the big crowds, we’re always more likely to get penalties at home. Wasn’t last night just our second of the season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu97x71S9g
    Sounded a bit sorry for himself. No recognition that last season we were in NL while they were L1, talks about Macca and Mullin. No comparison in recruitment as Wrexham brought top scorer from a higher league while only 2 years ago Macca (and Scott) was in NLN.

Complaining too that he couldn't rotate the squad - we played an unchanged team from Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    Regarding Gosling, i think he will come good for us, he was sat in the dugout watching that display unfold before his eyes, maybe he would love to be a part of that and it infused him to get back up to speed, he has to be a great player to have achieved what he has, he was in front of me when he came off, he was clutching his stomach like crazy and went straight down the tunnel,hope he gets back up to speed, turns it on for us, he is quality that we just havent seen.....yet.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Sounded a bit sorry for himself. No recognition that last season we were in NL while they were L1, talks about Macca and Mullin. No comparison in recruitment as Wrexham brought top scorer from a higher league while only 2 years ago Macca (and Scott) was in NLN.

Complaining too that he couldn't rotate the squad - we played an unchanged team from Tuesday.
    Not many managers have the grace and humility of King Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

I'm glad he is not our manager. What a dip stick..

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Not many managers have the grace and humility of King Luke.
    People hear different things in interviews but I didn't think Brannan lacked humility. He acknowledged how good a side we are and effectively admitted he was jealous of the quality of players like Macauley. I'm not sure about the "one of the top budgets" bit, given that we're reportedly around the 10th highest, but in terms of comparison it sounds like Morecambe are really having to operate on a shoestring now. In the circumstances I think he said pretty much the only things he could say.

Me too, fair interview.
    All the best 59, sending you hope and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Goodness knows what Macca Hatrick is now valued at, as his hat trick goal has proved that he can now score that type of goal, from his new role. which are necessary.
    It was a sublime performance from Notts today with so many players interchanging their positions, seamlessly. It was a very emotional game for me, on the day it was confirmed I have liver cancer, at best.
    COYP
    Really sorry to hear that, all the best and try and make the most of whatever time you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    People hear different things in interviews but I didn't think Brannan lacked humility. He acknowledged how good a side we are and effectively admitted he was jealous of the quality of players like Macauley. I'm not sure about the "one of the top budgets" bit, given that we're reportedly around the 10th highest, but in terms of comparison it sounds like Morecambe are really having to operate on a shoestring now. In the circumstances I think he said pretty much the only things he could say.
    I thought their manager showed zero class when he subbed their No.7 after 30 minutes. He’s a very young lad on loan from Shrewsbury. He took a load of abuse having to walk past the Kop but was completely ignored by his manager.
    If Williams saw fit to make a tactical sub in the first half, there’s no way he wouldn’t put an arm around the players involved and explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Goodness knows what Macca Hatrick is now valued at, as his hat trick goal has proved that he can now score that type of goal, from his new role. which are necessary.
    It was a sublime performance from Notts today with so many players interchanging their positions, seamlessly. It was a very emotional game for me, on the day it was confirmed I have liver cancer, at best.
    COYP
    I'd trade that victory and a dozen others for a negative diagnosis in a second. I am really sorry to hear that man.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast