+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    You'd like to think we will make one very good signing very shortly. It will make a statement to others plus would also boost season ticket sales, for those who are having doubts after the run in, the 2nd half of the season & Coach appointment. The longer it goes without a signing or two, those who have money set a side may spend it elsewhere. Despite sales being ahead of last year, I doubt we will get near 6k again
    Nail on head with this. I'm holding off buying a season ticket until I see what kind of signings we make. Going for left field defensive signings will make me more likely spend that money on a bet for Notts relegation than a season ticket. I'm still not convinced with the head coach, weird left field signings will give me even less confidence, or any big up of signings from the league below

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Those 3 are your experience but JOB was already here & well respected. Goldie wanted to come here, it's his last playing wish. Bostock was I heard, training with Notts to get fit & they liked what he bought to the table, would they have looked never mind signed if he was playing elsewhere? I doubt it. None were straight go out & sign as with most players
    But with all of them whatever the circumstances the owners had the option not to sign and spend the money elsewhere. Bostock would have been on very decent wages at NL level, Mcgoldrick regardless whether he’s come on cheaper wages will be on a very good wage at this level and there was Mark Ellis too who turned us down to play in the EFL.
    The model isn’t younger players to sell on it’s about getting value for any signing. I think now JOB and JB have gone the owners know they may have to go slightly against the model for a couple of players because if you want someone 27/28 who’s won things before and has leadership qualities you’re going to have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Yes, like the A&E Department..
    Maaaahahaha

Patience is a virtue and we all tend to lack it to a degree especially notts fans, me included. Put your trust in the brothers and bide your time and I’m certain we will be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Patience is a virtue and we all tend to lack it to a degree especially notts fans, me included. Put your trust in the brothers and bide your time and I’m certain we will be pleasantly surprised.
    Let's just hope that patience isn't a Matty Virtue.

I know they're now in L1, but Stags are making moves. Signed an established Australian international from the Scottish Prem. Midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Let's just hope that patience isn't a Matty Virtue.
    Lol! Tbf he's seemingly carved himself out a good career in League One after not being ready to play football with men when he was with us

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I know they're now in L1, but Stags are making moves. Signed an established Australian international from the Scottish Prem. Midfielder.
    Scottish Prem outside of Glasgow is L1/L2 standard at best. He may be a decent player and I am intrigued to know whether he’d be one of the 2 overseas players that don’t have enough points.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Scottish Prem outside of Glasgow is L1/L2 standard at best. He may be a decent player and I am intrigued to know whether he’d be one of the 2 overseas players that don’t have enough points.
    18 caps for Australia in his mid-20s - he must have something about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    He's a full international so probably has enough points for a visa

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast