+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 100 of 175 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1750

Thread: Sack Race?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Well you are Milnes apologist on here so i will just have a go at you.
    Please quote where I have been his apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I appreciate there is still one game to go but unless sevco do us a favour we will finish fourth with the third highest budget. That for me would be an underachievement this season
    I would agree.
    The season is not over yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would agree.
    The season is not over yet though.
    Agreed. I actually think we will nick third. Gerard will want a clean sweep of top 6 games so I don't see them losing to Killie and I can see us grinding out a narrow win at Easter Road

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Not the same argument. Different game now

(but he was very lucky he wasnt).
    What’s the difference? Surely it’s the same argument.
    Fergie was a baw hair away from being sacked and only an FA cup replay saved him after 4 years in charge.

Klopp has undoubtedly improved Liverpool, following his success at Dortmund.
    If I were a Liverpool fan (or chairman) my concern would be retaining him rather than him being sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I appreciate there is still one game to go but unless sevco do us a favour we will finish fourth with the third highest budget. That for me would be an underachievement this season
    So we overachieved when we finished ahead of Rangers in the previous two seasons given their significantly higher budget?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    So we overachieved when we finished ahead of Rangers in the previous two seasons given their significantly higher budget?
    Similarly, overachieved knocking SevCo out of both cups this year.
    But that’s football, budgets clearly have an impact but you always strive to overcome that

But that’s football, budgets clearly have an impact but you always strive to overcome that
    Perhaps we should say to Ajax don’t worry that you got knocked out of Europe in injury time you over achieved anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Yes

Anybody who says budgets don't have a huge impact on who wins the league is kidding themselves. PSG, Juventus, Barcelona (or Real), Bayern (likely) don't keep winning the league in their country for any other reason than they outspend everyone else, likewise Celtic in our country

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Perhaps we should say to Ajax don’t worry that you got knocked out of Europe in injury time you over achieved anyway.
    I would guess they do take a lot of positives and achievements for getting so close.
    They’ve also picked up players not rated elsewhere and made a success of them.
    Their sitting top of their league (that they haven’t won in a few years) with one game to go.

It’s great feedback to see actual results from their youth policy.

Page 100 of 175 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast