+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1047

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes, that’s what I was leading up to.
    Will Agencies be paying the higher rate ?
    The Tories didn’t agree with the NMW that Blair brought in and said it would cost thousands of jobs.
    NMW did stagnate and wasn’t increased year by year.
    Agency's and everyone employed should receive the national living wage , although the gig sector seems to operate outside of this in many areas .

£10 or £10.50 an hour will lead to another big increase in economic migration, as such working class Brits will not benefit as much as people think as there will be a lot of competition for those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Surely you have to have a strong economy and higher GDP, if and I do say if the economy does crash after Brexit it could take quite a while to get back on track.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if some companies reduced their workforce to part fund it.
    Sure. Although I think the problem in the UK is poor productivity. Resolving that will take years.

[QUOTE=ragingpup;39336105]No it wasn't, but don't let facts stop you.
    I never have. He didn't promise but he did insinuate and alot of people thought the same and he only backtracked when it was costed. Google away.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Sure. Although I think the problem in the UK is poor productivity. Resolving that will take years.
    Do you actually produce anything WanChai or just sit in judgment on those who do?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Do you actually produce anything WanChai or just sit in judgment on those who do?
    Who am I judging?

Now that is a subject WanChai .

The company I work for is very profitable , the man who started the company twenty years ago is a very wealthy man .... to say the least .

He pays way above the normal rates for this sector , we receive a yearly bonus based on profits , 3k a man have been paid in extremely good years , he takes the entire staff to York races every June in a private box and all you can drink and eat is paid by him , the annual xmas party is also paid on at a very decent venue .

The productivity isn't a problem where I work .

I take the point his generosity isn't available everywhere but he doesn't have to pay the extras either .

Nobody leaves either other than retirement which is how I fluked a job at the company .

Even if that kind of generosity isn't available getting treated with dignity and a good culture doesn't cost anything .

Who am I judging?
    Those who you think are poor producers

Poor productivity is due to high unskilled immigration.
    Last edited by great_fire; 30-09-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Those who you think are poor producers
    The quality of management in the UK leaves much to be desired exile as I'm sure you know yourself .

Very little is spoken about this and its generally dumped at the doorstep of the lazy brit worker .

Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast