+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1092

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    I agree. But I just don't think Deek will play with May and Rooney up front. He just doesn't seem to do the 2 striker thing and in fairness most clubs don't. May played up front with Steven Mclean at St Johnstone. A clever player very adept at holding the ball up and winning aerial battles with centre halves. Very different to Rooney. Think we are pretty well placed with outside left men without needing to shunt one of our strikers out there. I like Rooney but don't know if he will want to hang around if he becomes a bit part player. The club might be a bit uncomfortable with that situation as well given the wages he is most likely on.
    I cant see us letting Rooney go anytime this season, maybe next summer if May turns out to be as good as we hope and stays injury free. Could you imagine if we let Rooney go and May gets injured and we are left with Maynard and Stockley.

I also dont think Rooney will be in a rush to leave here, where is going to go? Hes tried England and it didn't work out and if he goes to Hibs as some have suggested he is in the same situation as he is in here with Stokes and Murray. He might end up at a club like Motherwell or Ross County at some point in his career but we would be crazy to let the only player who is a proven scorer for us at this level at the moment leave.

Rooney won't be going anywhere this season

And although everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think you're mad if you think he should

Limited in some areas yes. But he's one of the most consistent goal scorers this league has seen in the last decade.

As previously said, having many attacking options will greatly help Derek and him ability to surprise our opponents. And having a penalty box striker with a pedigree that demands respect from opposing players and managers will be a key component in that.

When Stockley is allowed to join another team, are we going to make a bigger target man striker a possible signing before the window shuts?
    I honestly think Del is going with the defenders we currently have so can't see anything happening on that front.
    I wouldn't be letting anyone go without having a replacement lined up....we will need as big a squad as possible to keep everyone on their toes!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    When Stockley is allowed to join another team, are we going to make a bigger target man striker a possible signing before the window shuts?
    I honestly think Del is going with the defenders we currently have so can't see anything happening on that front.
    I wouldn't be letting anyone go without having a replacement lined up....we will need as big a squad as possible to keep everyone on their toes!
    If DM does bring in another central defender, then that's 5 fighting for two postions, so unless one of those (Reynolds?) leaves, then I don't see that happening.

Other than Storie and Stockley leaving, and possibly MacLennon, McKenna etc etc out on loan, I don't foresee any other busines this week, certainly incoming anyway.

There's still enough time to get Stockley and Reynolds off the wage bill and bring in a centre half and centre midfielder - it'll never happen though.

McInnes said in Sats EE nothing else will happen this window

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    McInnes said in Sats EE nothing else will happen this window
    Its in today's EE that he hopes to sign another defender before window shuts, as he thinks we still have not enough height for some occassions

Chris Harvey linking us with Florin Gardos from Southampton. 6'4" brick shi!thouse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSLYFOX View Post
    Chris Harvey linking us with Florin Gardos from Southampton. 6'4" brick shi!thouse.
    Eastern European brick ****house ✔️

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Its in today's EE that he hopes to sign another defender before window shuts, as he thinks we still have too much sh*te for some occasions
    After being put through the management-speak to English translator.

Page 103 of 110 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast