+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 105 of 560 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    I agree with some of the other points made. Has always been a crazy idea to relocate stadium elsewhere, especially now given the economic downturn.

I think best option that we have ever had is to re-develop Pittodrie bit by bit. Definitely would be cheaper and if truth be told, we could surely do it whilst playing there? Start of with the main stand being flattened. We would likely end up with a reduced capacity, circa 18k but that's all we need.

Cheaper option!! nae chance the cost of redeveloping Pittodrie will be huge and for what? so 10k fans can get stuck in traffic for next 50-100 years. Capacity of Pittodrie should be reduced by at least a third because there is no requirement at pittodrie for 19-20k. I'd far sooner a smaller stadium that's pretty near full for every game.

Whats the point of building seats for birds to shyte in all year round?

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Thats the main problem re. anticipated attendance; No one builds a shopping mall in an outlying area without enough parking space.

They could have filled the area proposed with parking , but then there would have been no training facilities.

AFAIK The parking allocation per person is arbitrary on the local authority where common sense should prevail.
    especially when not in a built up area.
    I saw someone post the guidelines for Ireland ( Northern I think) where the allocation(for new stadia) is 1 car space per 3 people , not the absurd figure given by Milne. It makes me suspect he's (knowingly ?) hoodwinking us somewhat.

So as far as location - it really boils down to Kingsford not having enough area. Which was also the case with Loirston.

It's a disaster IMO

I want to know how in 20 years Milne hasn't built a few football pitches and a clubhouse anywhere in Aberdeenshire.

Every plan has been an oversized development in the middle of nowhere with no transport links with a soccer academy whatever that is.

The 'fantastic' facilities they were using out in Dubai that did us a world of good were 30 miles out of town and literally just two good football pitches and changing rooms with a reception.

Give us that and a close knit 18,000 seater stadium with an identity, whatever it costs or time it takes, where Aberdonians can walk to and the club and city will be ready for the next 100 years.

I'm strongly in favour of development and all that. I'm not in favour of it in a place which will harm the club beyond repair. The vociferous support of this seems to be from the type who drive to a game and go home and just want to watch the team and if you don't you're not a real fan and other such mince.

It depends on each individual. I personally think the new stadium is essential and needs to be built in the next 5 years. Pittodrie is a soulless **** hole and it cant be redeveloped due to space and cost. It also cant be built centrally due to planning restraints and cost of land. I would personally travel to the new stadium no matter where it was built and for the folk who cant be assed jumping on a bus or taking a little extra get there then i feel there would be nothing to suit your needs. Some folk arent happy unless its on there own doorstep.

As for how the stadium looks, artist impressions are nothing to go on. Some of us are already saying its **** without a single brink being laid and its sad to see so many negative supporters. We should be thankful that we are building a new stadium and lets face it, its never going please everyone. The club has a budget and this is what that budget gives. Give me top training facilities for payers over a fancy stadium every day of the week. Development of players is the future, not whether the stadium suits each individuals needs.

It's the top training facilities that give me the heebie jeebies more than anything. There's no evidence whatsoever that they improve player development. It looks to me that the opposite is true.

We should have our own pitch, cones & bibs. Everything after that is a luxury we probably can't afford

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It's the top training facilities that give me the heebie jeebies more than anything. There's no evidence whatsoever that they improve player development. It looks to me that the opposite is true.

We should have our own pitch, cones & bibs. Everything after that is a luxury we probably can't afford
    Its the ability to attract a certain caliber of player that is also important factor. If you are given the right tools to do a job, then it will be done right. Im a fuddy duddy in that i agree, give them bibs and cones and get on with it, yesteryear players only had that. Sadly in this day and age players want the best facilities and will choose clubs based on where they see their development going. There is no real affiliation to football clubs anymore, its where the money and facilities are the best. Im afraid IMO its essential these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Its the ability to attract a certain caliber of player that is also important factor. If you are given the right tools to do a job, then it will be done right. Im a fuddy duddy in that i agree, give them bibs and cones and get on with it, yesteryear players only had that. Sadly in this day and age players want the best facilities and will choose clubs based on where they see their development going. There is no real affiliation to football clubs anymore, its where the money and facilities are the best. Im afraid IMO its essential these days.
    I'm guessing the £10m first phase involves buying all the land, about 5 times as much as needed for training facilities, and then building training facilities across half of it which is miles bigger than any club anywhere needs. It's the same land size as Bayern Munich's ffs with all the teams, players and staff on their books.

Shoving this in with the stadium seems to be why people think we need this and for clout in decision making to get the dream out of town stadium.

We don't need this. We need training pitches and a clubhouse out of town where the players live and a compact stadium in the community.

Even if the city council do approve the new stadium, Aberdeenshire council could object to Mrs Krankie. It coukd be years before we get planning permission.

You could argue that it is infact a brownfield site, with grass growing on it, given that it was an inert waste tip years back.

We need a new ground, that's a fact. The location is clearly the hot topic. A question i would like answered is why we are not looking at the current site thag the exie is on.

The new stadium camp have the blinkers on as the proposed new stadium looks ****e. That's the main issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    You could argue that it is infact a brownfield site, with grass growing on it, given that it was an inert waste tip years back.

We need a new ground, that's a fact. The location is clearly the hot topic. A question i would like answered is why we are not looking at the current site thag the exie is on.
    That would be sensible.

Groningen's stadium at that site and we would be a force to be reckoned with.

A stadium 'inspired by Ashton Gate' in Westhill really would turn us into nobodies.

Page 105 of 560 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast