+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 105 of 148 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Apparently we could be in for Priestley Farquharson, whose turned down a contract at Newport today.
    Sounds more like the new master of The Quorn Hunt .

Glass of sherry before each game ?

Priestley Farquharson in training with Newport
    Priestley Farquharson played for a number of English non-league clubs before joining Connah's Quay Nomads
    Defender Priestley Farquharson has left Newport County despite being offered a new contract by the League Two club.

Farquharson, 26, joined Newport from Cymru Premier side Connah's Quay Nomads for an undisclosed fee in January 2021.

Newport announced last month that Farquharson was one of seven out-of-contract players in their squad who had been offered new deals at Rodney Parade.

But the Exiles say the centre-back has now left the club.

Farquharson scored five goals in 65 appearances for Newport, featuring 38 times in the 2022-23 campaign.

He said on social media that he feels this is the right time to "seek a new challenge".

Newport signed central defender Kyle Jameson earlier this week.

Date of birth/Age: Mar 15, 1997 (26)
    Place of birth: England London
    Citizenship: England England
    Height: 1,91 m
    Position: Centre-Back/ right back
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 23-06-2023 at 02:27 PM.

A lot of the replies on Twitter seem confident he's signed for Swindon, we shall see.

Not sure we need another RCB? We already have two in Rawlinson and Brindley

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Not sure we need another RCB? We already have two in Rawlinson and Brindley
    I'd say we need someone with more pace at RCB in order to combat the balls over the top. Brindley has that pace but doesn't have the physicality, so moving Rawlinson to the centre alongside baldwin and finding someone who can combine pace and physicality would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I'd say we need someone with more pace at RCB in order to combat the balls over the top. Brindley has that pace but doesn't have the physicality, so moving Rawlinson to the centre alongside baldwin and finding someone who can combine pace and physicality would be perfect.
    Where would that leave our glorious Captain?

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Is it just my imagination or have Wrexham been strangely quiet so far in regard to new faces?
    Work is being done behind the scenes don't worry.PP has already stated he is only going to bring in players to improve the team. He is in a strong position as we are unlikely to lose any of our players and he feels the squad is very good already.
    I would expect us to sign no more than 3 players the most persistent rumour is Nick Powell from Stoke and 2 players who are in contract with their clubs so fees will be spent on them..But no names mentioned as the Racecourse is run as a tight ship these days

Can't see how Powell fits in apart from as a back-up to Lee. He's made out of matchsticks and glue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Where would that leave our glorious Captain?
    I can see Chicksen as cover for Cameron, Rawlinson as cover for Baldwin and Brindley as cover for a new RCB.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I can see Chicksen as cover for Cameron, Rawlinson as cover for Baldwin and Brindley as cover for a new RCB.
    Exactly what i was thinking.

Page 105 of 148 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast