+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 108 of 410 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    swedish guy signing next week allegedly - Daleho Irandust
    That will be him signing for Hibs on Monday then.😜

Dundee United is thrilled to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Trevor Carson on a two-year contract.

The Northern Ireland international arrives at Tannadice to compete with Benji Siegrist for a place in Tam Courts' starting XI.

Trevor began his career at Sunderland in 2008 and would go on to become a regular starter at Bury, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, Hartlepool and Motherwell. In total, the 33-year-old has made 335 career appearances, keeping more than 80 clean sheets.

"There was talk of me moving back down to England for family reasons, but once Dundee United came in for me and I spoke to the gaffer and Sporting Director Tony Asghar it was a no brainer to come here," said Trevor.

"It's such a great club with a great history, I'm so excited to be part of it. Last year was a decent return to the Premiership, but this year promises a lot more. You look at the squad, a great mix of experience and young players coming through. Hopefully, I can add my experience and know-how to that.

"Benji was one of the top goalkeepers in the league last season so I know it's going to be a challenge for me. You've got to embrace that, I've been in the game a long time and if you're not up for a challenge then you're in the wrong sport. One of my short-term goals is to come and give Benji a good run for his money. Hopefully, it will be a healthy competition.

Head Coach Tam Courts added: "Trevor is an experienced international player who has performed well in the Scottish Premiership and has built a strong reputation for his performance levels.

"He joins a motivated goalkeeping group who push each other every day, so he’s a welcome addition to what we’re aiming to do."

Trevor will wear the number 16 shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    When does Alvin Stardust arrive mate?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Zq..._channel=RHINO
    Name:  as.JPG
Views: 878
Size:  71.2 KB

Unless it's Scotland of course

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Ye that is a decent signing.

Came out of nowhere too, never seen one hint of this.

Sensible bit of business. Experienced and solid enough keeper. Good when we have Newman coming through to have such experience around. Nice to see it can be done without it being announced and rumoured first. Maybe more is being worked on after all.

Young attacking midfielder mentioned is interesting for sure. Would seem like a significant coup though and suggestions he is under contract. Not sure we can pull that off. Fingers crossed though

Must be one of the few signings over the last few years that we've had zero sniff of before it was announced. It means we can be slightly more relaxed about Benji. If he stays, great, if he goes later on in the window we have Carson ready to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    That will be him signing for Hibs on Monday then.��
    probs lol

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Must be one of the few signings over the last few years that we've had zero sniff of before it was announced. It means we can be slightly more relaxed about Benji. If he stays, great, if he goes later on in the window we have Carson ready to step in.
    good news now for the next 3 under the radar signings Tam

Page 108 of 410 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)