+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 108 of 349 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Don't see what that has got to do with it.

He may have tried to but he didn't.

The Communist Party of Great Britain spread propaganda against the war leaders, got bomber production stopped, spread disaffection in the ranks of all three services, they put a serious dent in the war effort.

Only after their beloved USSR was invaded did they get behind the war effort, two years into the war, and by then it could have been too late.
    You don't see what our abdicated king meeting with Hitler & Franco has to do with it? Unbelievable
    William Joyce was hanged for less
    Why do you think he was pushed off to the governership of the Bahamas

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The americans also aided nazi germany too selling them Henry Ford engines and additives to use in their fuel .
    All's fair in love & war Animal that's how capitalism works .....until it gets a bit out of hand

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    All's fair in love & war Animal that's how capitalism works .....until it gets a bit out of hand
    Aye , Tony Blair paid the final installment on the loan the americans gave us to fight a war they aided .

Remarkable on many levels exile .

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I loved it. Its great writing and Fletch, as Garnett, is a brilliant comedy character. But I wouldn't quote either character, as you did, as any kind of social comment by the writers as a criticism of London. I think the writers would be horrified that in 2019,people would quote those views in all seriousness. It was social satire. Good grief.
    I didn't quote as a criticism of London (although seeing as the writers are Geordies it could have been) but to show that it was already seen as being a foreign city in some ways due to many properties being bought up by rich Arabs.

You don't see what our abdicated king meeting with Hitler & Franco has to do with it? Unbelievable
    William Joyce was hanged for less
    Why do you think he was pushed off to the governership of the Bahamas
    He didn't actually aid the Nazi war effort though like the Communist Party GB did did he?

How does what he did make up for what the Communist Party did anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Which nazi view points are they then Roly??

A skylight in hitler’s bunker?
    Nazi viewpoints to them is anyone who doesn't support Corbyn and isn't far-left.

He didn't actually aid the Nazi war effort though like the Communist Party GB did did he?

How does what he did make up for what the Communist Party did anyway?
    I'll spell it out again
    I do not in any way condone or try to defend what the communist party did I join with you on that condemnation
    But why you seek to defend /minimise Edwards acts of treason is a bit difficult to understand

I'll spell it out again
    I do not in any way condone or try to defend what the communist party did I join with you on that condemnation
    But why you seek to defend /minimise Edwards acts of treason is a bit difficult to understand
    Because it didn't have the same effect, they were never going to put him in jail though were they?

(And it sure looked like whataboutery to me, that was invented in the USSR as well).
    Last edited by great_fire; 28-01-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Because it didn't have the same effect, they were never going to put him in jail though were they?

(And it sure looked like whataboutery to me, that was invented in the USSR as well).
    What were the communists motives
    What werte Edwards motives
    In the final analysis I think you'll find that they were to subvert the British Government & give support to the Nazi regime

I also contend that first place for whataboutery goes to Kerr
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 28-01-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Look at post 1044 for the first example on this thread gf

Page 108 of 349 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast