+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 108 of 253 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Did ALL of those clubs know for sure which league they would be playing in this season?
    FWIW Hearts have made 5 signings, Partick have made 6. 😉

tHeArAb my opinion is that some supporters think that they know better than the manager and owner what to do for the club.Perhaps they do?If so they should maybe get a job running a football club.I am not branding anyone anything as you say?I am just giving an opinion I see you are a moderator so does that mean I should not give my opinion if it is different from you'r opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    tHeArAb my opinion is that some supporters think that they know better than the manager and owner what to do for the club.Perhaps they do?If so they should maybe get a job running a football club.I am not branding anyone anything as you say?I am just giving an opinion I see you are a moderator so does that mean I should not give my opinion if it is different from you'r opinion?
    Whatever man. 😂

PT_Arab I agree we need some new faces in and think people running club also know this.We need to get right people in though no point just making signings for signings sake.We have made attemps to sign players MM wants but they have not come of we will still be looking but getting decent players takes time sometimes.Players that have went to Hibs,Aberdeen etc instead of us perhaps for money reasons or maybe just because they preferred going there.

Covid came, SPL or whoever bottled making a decision, hearts and court case all delayed things.
    For all we know if LOA was playing, the team would be better balanced, have more points, we would have signed pre determined known targets and we wouldn't be having this debate. Instead we get a new manager who through no fault of his own is forced to stick or twist.
    MM decided to play what we have to see what we have and if what we have will cut it, maybe brave or foolish but I respect and understand it.
    In terms of 20/21 recruitment and squad quality, we're months behind other bottom 6 candidates who knew what league they were in.
    Judging by his 'we are Dundee United' comments, I can't believe MM would go to a club who are happy to go straight back down, and I can't believe. MO or TA happy to do that either.
    Let's see how many points we have next time we play THEM in Dec, and I hope it turns out we are in fact light years ahead of most of the other bottom 6 candidates both on and off the pitch.
    The ones I said to give heads a rattle seem to think without justification that we are set up to fail, and whilst not exactly overflowing, my cup is definitely more than half full and I believe we are set up to succeed.

A.J I agree with what you are saying also agree with those who are saying we need some players in.Just don't agree with those that think we should be making loads of signings so we can say we made loads of signings.Have liked the guys we have been interested in guys who went to Hibs from Dunfermline and Hamilton also Haynes.Also think safranko would have been great signing.Don't know much about guy at Ipswich but MM does.As you say he is checking out what he has and trying to find players that complement that.

Just don't agree with those that think we should be making loads of signings so we can say we made loads of signings.
    As far as I can see, no one has said this.

A.J I agree with what you are saying also agree with those who are saying we need some players in.Just don't agree with those that think we should be making loads of signings so we can say we made loads of signings.Have liked the guys we have been interested in guys who went to Hibs from Dunfermline and Hamilton also Haynes.Also think safranko would have been great signing.Don't know much about guy at Ipswich but MM does.As you say he is checking out what he has and trying to find players that complement that.
    I share your sentiment - I'm not for one second saying we should make four new signings simply to put four new faces in the team. It's about getting the correct player(s) in who are actually going to improve things on the pitch and make us more competitive. It's just frustrating that so much time and effort has been put in to getting this Norwood guy and we have nothing to show for it. He was first mentioned weeks ago and it's only in the last day or two that we've finally accepted it's not happening. Meanwhile, Safranko has been pursued but he also ends up being a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    As far as I can see, no one has said this.
    I think we should be making loads of signings so I can say we made loads of signings

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I think we should be making loads of signings so I can say we made loads of signings
    I retract my previous statement.

Page 108 of 253 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)