+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: First team squad new players

Think you may be adding to that list before the end of August 😎

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And he cost us a club record signing fee and has delivered absolutely f00k all in return.

You don't know any more than anyone else (me included), as to Gnontos aspirations, in or out of LUFC, you're just as willing to swallow the Newsnow now sh1te as the next gullible fan, very disappointing. Nor do you know what conversations have been had between Rutter and LUFC coaching staff (do you??). Rutter cost Leeds a record signing fee and has delivered absolutely zero in that investment (or would you disagree?)

I'lll work on what is officially confirmed , on all matters, as opposed to what the "media" think might be (or what generates most column inches more likely), maybe you should do the same.
    You don't change at all WTF , sceptical, negative and always telling everyone else the "Facts" [I'll work on what is officially confirmed] but then within a matter of hours stating that Gnoto was "Promised" various things when he signed - WITHOUT any EVIDENCE to support that at the time of writing.
    Every post has a negative slant attached... predict NO signings - and oh my god looks like we're in business on the signings front.

Why don't you just WAIT occasionally before mouthing of fella - would help prevent you looking like such a smug arse!

yeah i'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    You don't change at all WTF , sceptical, negative and always telling everyone else the "Facts" [I'll work on what is officially confirmed] but then within a matter of hours stating that Gnoto was "Promised" various things when he signed - WITHOUT any EVIDENCE to support that at the time of writing.
    Every post has a negative slant attached... predict NO signings - and oh my god looks like we're in business on the signings front.

Why don't you just WAIT occasionally before mouthing of fella - would help prevent you looking like such a smug arse!

yeah i'm back.
    Glad to see you posting again Tich, welcome back.

Seems neither of us changes. You read and "interpret" according to your own perspective, we all do, me included, but at least I'm honest enough to acknowledge it.

I suspect your post above refers to comments I made in the "other" Gnonto thread (there are two, same title), the one I mean was started on 11/8/23, and a post in question would be #18,and I quote;

"Not disagreeing with the idea of getting as much for.him as soon as we can, but......

Is he a "gutless little sh1t", or simply a ****ager who was brought to LUFC on the basis of having been promised a bright future in the PL that those making the promises knew to be at best risky and and worst an outright lie?

Brought in so recently, he wasn't the author (or even a significant part) of our downfall. If he does go, then i for one hope he does well with a club that is honest with him, something LUFC haven't been (with him and a few others)."

I questioned the basis as to why Gnonto joined LUFC, and continue to do so (I have in other posts). I don't know, but no-one has yet taken me to task for putting forward the proposition that I put forward regarding how he and his advisors were persuaded to sign up to whatever deal was entered into. That's QUESTIONING, not stating as fact that which I don't know.

And the post you quote? It was quite specifically relating to what transfers might or might not happen, the vast amounts of the same drivel being regurgitated in any number of ways, and you wouldn't have to look hard, if you could be bothered looking at all, for plenty of other posters expressing exactly the same sentiments about click-bait, media drivel and the like regarding such matters, but of course they wouldn't attract your attention like a post from me would. Like I say neither of us changes.

Oh, and my prediction of no signings? Not the only one (again) who suggested such, and the fact that we are wrong must be like manna from heaven for you and a few others like you, sad to be so easily pleased.

As for being smug, if I could be arsed to go back over the decade or so I['ve been posting here and analyse the number of times I've been right or wrong, and in particular the impact of those occasions I have called out that which others supposedly more "informed" than I am missed or got completely wrong, I'm reasonably happy to sit back with a smug expression on my face. Pity others haven't been as insightful, or as vocal.
    Last edited by WTF11; 25-08-2023 at 05:49 PM.

Popcorn time

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Popcorn time
    I doubt it Billy.

Looks like we signed Djed Spence from spurs on Loan for a million? no option to buy

that's a good bit of business if we did. he will be solid and not that expensive. a true right back with championship experience.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Looks like we signed Djed Spence from spurs on Loan for a million? no option to buy

that's a good bit of business if we did. he will be solid and not that expensive. a true right back with championship experience.
    Yep was good at Boro and good at Forest on loan.

Just need a left back too.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

If true, I agree, a good signing. Liked him at Forest
    Last edited by Pacaman; 29-08-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Being reported he has completed his medical so suspect will be announced first thing

Deal done - season long loan - another good signing.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)