+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Keir Starmer

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    DD the phrases "small hill to die on" and "Bell cow " have both been in common parlance since the Pope was an alter boy.
    Nae my fault if you and yer pal arnae upon "oldie speak".

Maybe too "oldie" for an as cool as fück punter like me.

I have spent some time in the alps and the sound of cows with bells is lovely, can't say it helps understand the saying though.
    Cows don't follow the one with the bell, so it can't be that.

“Bell cow” is new to me also.

But I can write a 400-word dummy press release liberally strewn with 1990s business speak à la Grampian Enterprise of that time, or of Scottish Government ministers and their SPADs to this day.

About ten minutes of my time should do it.

Going forward, of course.

I’m starting to get this geriatric parlance, I think … me, the bell cow, I’m told, out in front, reading the Daily Mail as I lead, with the bell end, who calls folk cu nuts, following, reading the Guardian and munching on salad leaves as he stares at my dirty muck-crusted rear. I must check this for factual accuracy with Jorge Mario Bergoglio though.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

But I can write a 400-word dummy press release liberally strewn with 1990s business speak à la Grampian Enterprise of that time, or of Scottish Government ministers and their SPADs to this day.

That’s the kind of blue sky thinking that’s missing round here. I’d definitely have to liaise with my colleagues in a buzz meeting before even attempting it

(I worked in a bank in the 90s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That’s the kind of blue sky thinking that’s missing round here. I’d definitely have to liaise with my colleagues in a buzz meeting before even attempting it

(I worked in a bank in the 90s)
    Yes, let’s facilitate a thought shower on the critical success factors, and run the preferred stakeholder outcomes up the mast to see who salutes.

Yes, let’s facilitate a thought shower on the critical success factors, and run the preferred stakeholder outcomes up the mast to see who salutes.
    You would’ve went to the very top in the Clydesdale Bank in the 90s. You’re bringing it to the table in a proactive way

… going backwards, did you ever “touch base” or get a “heads up” while going for a “quick win” though, in your journalistic career; and when you were ready, were you ever “good to go”?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I’m starting to get this geriatric parlance, I think … me, the bell cow, I’m told, out in front, reading the Daily Mail as I lead, with the bell end, who calls folk cu nuts, following, reading the Guardian and munching on salad leaves as he stares at my dirty muck-crusted rear. I must check this for factual accuracy with Jorge Mario Bergoglio though.
    No........not a clue.

I found myself running out of breath reading the first sentence.

Maybe the Vatican can clarify.

Another trait (or trop?) that I lay at the door of the Major Government.
    Post "Agency status" it seemed like a number of senior roles were filled by people who felt it mandatory to sound like Gus from "Drop the dead donkey".

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Another trait (or trop?) that I lay at the door of the Major Government.
    Post "Agency status" it seemed like a number of senior roles were filled by people who felt it mandatory to sound like Gus from "Drop the dead donkey".
    It tied in with the need for local enterprise “companies” to be seen to be “doing something” to “facilitate organisational and cultural change leading to positive, measurable outcomes” from funding allocated by a rotating cabal of professional committee sitters whose knowledge of anatomy vis-a-vis ârse and elbow left much to be desired.

I managed to screw £48k/annum for funding of the public educational project in which I was involved at the time, and we honestly accounted for the use of the funds. The evaluation criteria and methodology adopted by the Tory twâts though, that I had to complete, was at best junior primary school level. Fûcking amateurs.

Now, many of those drones are chairing educational or local economic boards trousering generous “expenses”, or are in private “consultancy” using what are still public resources. It would have been easy to join them, but it was far more fulfilling to take the p1ss out of them, often in public forums without them even realising.

And that’s fit I think.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast