+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget the points tally here is the real problem,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Having followed Utd (physically) since 1980, I never, ever dreamed we would be relegated from the premier league, but we did in 95, having just won the Scottish cup the previous year. That’s complacency for you. When we dropped down again a few years ago, thought we would bounce back, but no, now in our 4th year. Has made me take nothing for granted, and only effort in = results out. As others have continually posted, concerns were raised previously this season, and while we were still getting results, now we are not, and based on history (post-Xmas collapse past few years), until we have mathematically won the league, it’s not a given.
    Regardless, the last 4 years have shown, that taking anything for granted is a dangerous assumption, so quite rightly (IMO) fans are expressing their concern over how poor we now are, the tactics being deployed, and the risk of our “Tombola” manager bringing us straight back down. Many posters seem to forget how RN went from hero to Zero at Hearts, and failed at MKD, and (honestly) while I don’t want him to fail at us, his constant disregard for putting an attacking team/formation on the pitch, coupled with baffling decisions, makes me question his ability (and possibly justifies his past failings).
    As a die-hard Utd fan, my failure to question that, would be more of a negativity, than raising the questions, I continually have (last season, pre-season, October, and now post-Xmas).
    I really hope we get promoted as expected, but do I honestly think Robbie will build on that, and take us where we want to be in the SPL, certainly not!

Arabest
    Excellent post. Questioning and criticising something that you care deeply about does not make you negative. I would say blissful ignorance is much more dangerous.

We have also only lost 2 out of the last 6 games. Did anyone really think we were going to win this league without a hitch? If the slump continues & it goes tits up then the criticism will have been justified & the manager will struggle to keep his job. Hopefully we get over the line & we can all look forward to a summer of building a team to flourish in the top league

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't think it's gone across the whole fan base, no one is happy when we don't win games but the overall feel for factor is there for many still..with good reason tbf as we are in a good piece despite the recent downturn and its not like we can't have a late resurgence to end on a high

This.

This.

Absolute nonsense, if anything I've been on the receiving end of 'trolling' far more than most and get on with it but to be honest you've always had a tendency to be a drama queen at times on here and that's why I tend to not get involved or respond to your posts very often as it ends up in this kind of silliness, think you take this place a bit too serious.
    Not fair Shedka, you edited my post. Makes it look like that was the first thing on my mind.

Still think the feeling has gone. hopefully not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Can i just point out to some posters who think there are fans on here that are hell bent on being negative just for the sake of it that....

We have taken 6 points from the 18 available in our last 6 league games.
    We have lost at home and drawn away to part time teams in other words managed 1 point from 6.
    Scrambled a 1-1 draw at home to Morton with a last minute equaliser,a team we hit 6 against in September.

I am not gonna get into an argument with anyone if i can help it but posters like Stokie boy and ballumbie do have a point.This thread would have drifted into obscurity if they were blethering shyte.
    Some people on here i wouldnt want to be in the trenches with. FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Excellent post. Questioning and criticising something that you care deeply about does not make you negative. I would say blissful ignorance is much more dangerous.
    That’s provocative mate. You’re clearly getting at my reply to the same post. All I was pointing out was that the current owners and RN did not create this mess. They are trying to fix it. Rome was not built in a day. Remember 6-1 away to Falkirk. Remember 5-1 at home to Ross County. It cannot possibly be said that we are not in a better position currently, admittedly in a tricky period right now.

You know what alarms me more? We should be sitting here saying ‘ C’mon Guys, let’s get behind the team, they need a wee boost, they’ve done great this season, let’s help them over the line and sing our hearts out’. Instead, it’s sack Neilson etc. Listen, I’m not agreeing with some of the systems latterly , particularly the introduction of Powers, but FFS let’s get a grip and back the phucking Club.Otherwise we are going to properly implode.

Let’s get behind our Club, turn out in numbers, sing our hearts out and phucking pump Partick tomorrow. Agreed?
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 07-03-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Blissful ignorance is exactly the kind of line that gets peoples backs up. A lot of us can see that not everything is perfect but we can also see its not all doom & gloom. We can acknowledge our shortcomings but also see positives this season. Its a pity that there seems to be a real edge to the difference of opinions on this topic

I am trying to be as honest as i can with my posts,i do understand that some posters do not want to be reminded that the team are not only playing well below the standard's set earlier in the season but are currently 8th in the last 6 form table.Yes its true we are behind Alloa,Arbroath and even the Dees.
    I am sure everyone will have watched or read about The Rangers implosion since the winter break and how they have blown the league and Gerrard was considering his position,they have taken 8 points from 18,two better than we have.No i am not saying our manager should do the same as Gerrard,i am merely pointing out how bad we have been at Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    That’s provocative mate. You’re clearly getting at my reply to the same post. All I was pointing out was that the current owners and RN did not create this mess. They are trying to fix it. Rome was not built in a day. Remember 6-1 away to Falkirk. Remember 5-1 at home to Ross County. It cannot possibly be said that we are not in a better position currently, admittedly in a tricky period right now.

You know what alarms me more? We should be sitting here saying ‘ C’mon Guys, let’s get behind the team, they need a wee boost, they’ve done great this season, let’s help them over the line and sing our hearts out’. Instead, it’s sack Neilson etc. Listen, I’m not agreeing with some of the systems latterly , particularly the introduction of Powers, but FFS let’s get a grip and back the phucking Club.Otherwise we are going to properly implode.

Let’s get behind our Club, turn out in numbers, sing our hearts out and phucking pump Partick tomorrow. Agreed?
    I didn't read your previous post mate, I was relying to Ballumbies. Also please don't ask me to 'get behind our club' - that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Also please don't ask me to 'get behind our club' - that's a given.
    Glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I am trying to be as honest as i can with my posts,i do understand that some posters do not want to be reminded that the team are not only playing well below the standard's set earlier in the season but are currently 8th in the last 6 form table.Yes its true we are behind Alloa,Arbroath and even the Dees.
    I am sure everyone will have watched or read about The Rangers implosion since the winter break and how they have blown the league and Gerrard was considering his position,they have taken 8 points from 18,two better than we have.No i am not saying our manager should do the same as Gerrard,i am merely pointing out how bad we have been at Championship level.
    Now that is a FACT.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)