+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Burnley Official Match Thread

Fair result. Devlin was very good. Gms played well also. A little less showboating though would be good. Only brief view but Gleeson isn't much use. Young ferguson far better. In the tie so all to play for.

Thought we played ok in a harum scarum frantic sort of way. Hardly pleasing to the eye but effective in subduing a superior team. Unless we get someone in before the second leg I can't see where any goals are going to come from and we need at least one to get to penalties which is likely our best chance now of reaching the next round.

We played very well in the 1st half and certainly deserved the lead.
    Second half I felt we say a bit too deep for my liking but still with a better final pass we could have done more damage.
    Voulks is a handful and I was surprised he wasn't starting...he will in the away leg.
    I will say at least we are still in the tie as I honestly thought tonight would have been more difficult.
    A lot of positives to take from the match and if we sort out our final pass we could be very dangerous in Burnley.
    Good effort Dons

Disappointing to lose a goal but hard to say they didn’t deserve it.
    Fair enough result.

Vokes made a difference when he came on, him & Wood are a right handful.

For us, Devlin excellent, Ball good too.

Thought our pen was soft.

Considering the massive difference in wages, turnover, TV money, the whole works, there wasn’t a big gap over the 90 minutes

That said, that late away goal will make it 90/10 in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Thought we played ok in a harum scarum frantic sort of way. Hardly pleasing to the eye but effective in subduing a superior team. Unless we get someone in before the second leg I can't see where any goals are going to come from and we need at least one to get to penalties which is likely our best chance now of reaching the next round.
    Even if we sign someone they can't play next week.

Stevie May looks like Maynard now. If he came good we wouldn't need to spend money on a striker. Such a shame really, we all know what he was once capable of.

Well played aberdeen!!! Given ourselves a chance!!.....Stevie May is done. Cosgrove towers above him and still twice as fast!!well played everyone else!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Stevie May looks like Maynard now. If he came good we wouldn't need to spend money on a striker. Such a shame really, we all know what he was once capable of.
    He didn't have long but he almost created a goal …. for them by not even being able to control a simple pass. Sell him first chance. Sadly only the glue factory might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Gutted about that. Honestly thought we could win.

We really need a striker. Cosgrove is quality in the air which we have lacked for a very long time but he won't score goals in that position or style and Stevie May looks finished unfortunately.
    Well played team and the manager. All the new boys looked good. Also, Cosgrove certainly gave their defence something to think about. He was knackered though by the time he came off. Too early yet to say anything about May. By the time May came on, they were well on top and all he was asked to do was run about against 3 massive defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Well played team and the manager. All the new boys looked good. Also, Cosgrove certainly gave their defence something to think about. He was knackered though by the time he came off. Too early yet to say anything about May. By the time May came on, they were well on top and all he was asked to do was run about against 3 massive defenders.
    May looked like he did last season. I was hoping he would take the handbrake off and get shot of that trailer but alas, no.

Pass marks for everyone else though, especially Ferguson and no matter who the sub keeper is, big Joe is the best we've had and will have for a very long time.

That lack of concentration has been an issue with us for a while. The new training facilities won't help with that. A concentration camp if you will.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast