+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Watt

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    He did more than Tillson last night at least. How does a central midfielder touch the ball so little during a game? Waste of a shirt, might as well have a cardboard cutout floating around the middle of the pitch waving its f*cking arms about and avoiding the ball.
    With VAR next season we will need to cut his cardboard arms aff just to be on the safe side.

I get that Watt's chosen style of play irks folk. It irks the opposition also.

I didn't see the game last night, but I understand h had a quiet night.

But, goals aside, he has been a useful player in most games this season.

I'm trusting the manager in respect of how TW is handled.

I'm sure (I think) Tilson has been asked to cover space and try and close down areas that might be exploited. We had one last season If I remember correctly. (that went well) NOT....

Before we get rid of him, can we try him in Watt's position? There are a lot of comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I'm sure (I think) Tilson has been asked to cover space and try and close down areas that might be exploited. We had one last season If I remember correctly. (that went well) NOT....

Before we get rid of him, can we try him in Watt's position? There are a lot of comparisons.
    Nope, he's f*cking terrible get him to f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    He did more than Tillson last night at least. How does a central midfielder touch the ball so little during a game? Waste of a shirt, might as well have a cardboard cutout floating around the middle of the pitch waving its f*cking arms about and avoiding the ball.
    Kept an eye on Tillson before I made my comment last night and he essentially followed his Pars opponent everywhere, no attempt ever to get on the ball and then didn't prevent said opponent from receiving the ball or moving it on, absolutely pish.

P.S Watt was pish again too, I'd like to see Mochrie or Glass given a shot in that role, preferably in the diddys diddy cup game.

I didn't think Watt was as bad as most folk seemed to think last night, he wasn't good either mind, and woeful touch for their goal. Amazing Fotheringham seems to sniff out these scrappy goals, initially you think it comes down to just where he plays on the park, that you are going to pick up the odd lucky/scrappy goal, but then you look at Middleton/Watt who never seem to pick up these type of goals, so it must come down to anticipation/movement. Saying that is was actually a decent move for the opener, with a lovely flick in there initially from Fotheringham.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I didn't think Watt was as bad as most folk seemed to think last night, he wasn't good either mind, and woeful touch for their goal. Amazing Fotheringham seems to sniff out these scrappy goals, initially you think it comes down to just where he plays on the park, that you are going to pick up the odd lucky/scrappy goal, but then you look at Middleton/Watt who never seem to pick up these type of goals, so it must come down to anticipation/movement. Saying that is was actually a decent move for the opener, with a lovely flick in there initially from Fotheringham.
    Kais lay off was sublime. Was a great move as you say. I had a feeling this was going to be his season. He just needed a goal to get himself motoring, similar to last season at Stirling. Delighted for the boy.

His pass was amazing but even better was the fact he didn't stop and followed the shot in to get his goal. Impressive for a young lad.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghArab2023 View Post
    Kept an eye on Tillson before I made my comment last night and he essentially followed his Pars opponent everywhere, no attempt ever to get on the ball and then didn't prevent said opponent from receiving the ball or moving it on, absolutely pish.
    Also spent the entire time pointing out teammates to recieve the ball whilst never showing for it himself, can't believe this guy played in the league above.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)