+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

I suspect a couple of Danes associated with Notts will be very happy this evening, I wonder if the were in Amsterdam to watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Wanting Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland to win is on a par with wanting Forest to win IMO.

Nah, that's the equivalent of wanting Germany to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I suspect a couple of Danes associated with Notts will be very happy this evening, I wonder if the were in Amsterdam to watch the game.
    Probably just as well that our resident Welshman, Connell Rawlinson already signed his new contract! Wouldn't want him to be making a decision when he was peed off with the Danes!

I'm surprised this Italy v Austria game has gone into extra time, I thought Italy would walk it. Team of the tournament for me, at least until tonight. Maybe they've peaked to soon!

... or then again, maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm surprised this Italy v Austria game has gone into extra time, I thought Italy would walk it. Team of the tournament for me, at least until tonight. Maybe they've peaked to soon!

They may or may not go on to prove their a good side. I suspect they値l fall short, probably in the next round. They致e come through a very mediocre group and made hard work of Austria, credit to Austria for that.

I値l be glad when they go out, not because I dislike them. But, because I知 fed up of hearing that their unbeaten in 30(?) games. Who have they played in those 30 games?

Rant over!

Decent match. Austria did really well, especially 2nd half. They scored a goal that was just a shade offside. Now if that goal had been allowed to stand? Who knows what would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    They may or may not go on to prove their a good side. I suspect they値l fall short, probably in the next round. They致e come through a very mediocre group and made hard work of Austria, credit to Austria for that.

I値l be glad when they go out, not because I dislike them. But, because I知 fed up of hearing that their unbeaten in 30(?) games. Who have they played in those 30 games?

Rant over!
    Completely agree. People all over the media and various platforms have got carried away with Italy. I think they are an OK side but would put a number of teams ahead of them in terms of Euro 2021 winners. 2 of them play each other tonight with one playing Italy in the 1/4 final.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post

Rant over!
    That is the thing about coming out of the groups and into the knockout rounds. It's like horses when they win a race by a mile but then fail to 'frank' that form in a tougher field.

Italy beat Turkey, Switzerland and Wales, but Turkey were statistically the worst team in the tournament, Wales got crushed by Denmark, and now Italy have just squeezed through against Austria.

By that logic, France should wipe the floor with Switzerland!

What has surprised me with Italy is the vibrancy of their play. Over the years I've come to expect Italy teams to be defensive and often quite boring to watch, grinding out results but rarely topping the entertainment ratings. This team seems to be far more willing to play fast, attacking football while still remaining reasonably solid at the back, and I give Mancini credit for that. It may well be that they have had relatively easy opposition and will lose in the coming rounds to a team with better quality players overall, but football is about entertainment and I've found this Italy team a surprisingly good watch.

What has surprised me with Italy is the vibrancy of their play. Over the years I've come to expect Italy teams to be defensive and often quite boring to watch, grinding out results but rarely topping the entertainment ratings. This team seems to be far more willing to play fast, attacking football while still remaining reasonably solid at the back, and I give Mancini credit for that. It may well be that they have had relatively easy opposition and will lose in the coming rounds to a team with better quality players overall, but football is about entertainment and I've found this Italy team a surprisingly good watch.
    It痴 easier to be entertaining when you have absolute confidence you will win the game. Let痴 see if they are vibrant against Belgium or Portugal in the next game.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast