+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I personally think the McGoldrick one is unlikely. He scored 22 for Derby this season in L1 and has been offered a new contract there. Why would he come to Notts for most than likely less than half the money? Albeit he gets to undertake/learn some coaching as well. Can't see it meself.... Boot? I'm not fussed about that one either, as I honestly think we can do better.
    Agree I can’t really see it, but if he did it would be for entirely sentimental reasons and the money would cease to matter - he’s a boyhood Notts fans and has hinted he’d like to finish his career here on a couple of occasions I think. Does seem the kind of free spirit who might do it as well, believe he doesn’t even have an agent, just does it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Agree I can’t really see it, but if he did it would be for entirely sentimental reasons and the money would cease to matter - he’s a boyhood Notts fans and has hinted he’d like to finish his career here on a couple of occasions I think. Does seem the kind of free spirit who might do it as well, believe he doesn’t even have an agent, just does it himself.
    He was pants last time he came back to Notts on loan. Can't see it myself.

Just seen Craig Clay released from orient.
    Clifton Lad and played for us all through his schoolboy days.
    Maybe worth a look

If McGoldrick fancies coming we’ve got to be interested. 22 goals in League 1?

any players from other NL sides impress this year and could make the jump to L2? Gks and Wrexham players aside.... I cannot think of many..

Reliable people who are in a position to know are telling me that McGoldrick is a done deal. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Reliable people who are in a position to know are telling me that McGoldrick is a done deal. We shall see.
    Whether it happens, I won’t dispute that. Personally, I don’t think it can be a done deal yet. When would Notts have had time? Between preparing for the playoff campaign, Mr Turners funeral and the inevitable sore heads yesterday. I can’t see it.

I feel the club would have been looking after the current crop of players whose contracts are due to expire. Having those conversations first seems to be how this Notts regime works.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Whether it happens, I won’t dispute that. Personally, I don’t think it can be a done deal yet. When would Notts have had time? Between preparing for the playoff campaign, Mr Turners funeral and the inevitable sore heads yesterday. I can’t see it.

I feel the club would have been looking after the current crop of players whose contracts are due to expire. Having those conversations first seems to be how this Notts regime works.
    Could be a verbal agreement that just needs i's dotting? Or even signed before playoffs with a clause it only happens if we go up?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Could be a verbal agreement that just needs i's dotting? Or even signed before playoffs with a clause it only happens if we go up?
    Possibly. I just don’t see it. LW has been single minded over the past 2/3 weeks.
    What we do know, from his interview, is that we are building on what we have rather than rebuilding. With 3 strikers already signed (assuming Macca goes no where), we have possibly 1 more slot in the squad. Someone of McGoldricks experience could be invaluable on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Possibly. I just don’t see it. LW has been single minded over the past 2/3 weeks.
    What we do know, from his interview, is that we are building on what we have rather than rebuilding. With 3 strikers already signed (assuming Macca goes no where), we have possibly 1 more slot in the squad. Someone of McGoldricks experience could be invaluable on and off the pitch.
    You're forgetting that LW isn't the one who does the signings. We signed Scott and Langstaff whilst we didn't have a head coach at the club. LW would obviously be informed and involved but we have a whole recruitment team who does all this stuff now

Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast