+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Aberdeen v St Johnstone

Ah retirement.

Everyone's circumstances are different, mostly financially difficult, but I wish I'd found a way of doing it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Ah retirement.

Everyone's circumstances are different, mostly financially difficult, but I wish I'd found a way of doing it earlier.
    I'm 'only' 51 - I think that is pushing it for retiring by any stretch of even the most active imagination. I think I'll aim to jack in proper work by 60 and have a more peaceful life of something part time, gardening and Pittodrie (if I can talk the wife into moving back north - which might scupper my gardening to an extent!)

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    I'm 'only' 51 - I think that is pushing it for retiring by any stretch of even the most active imagination. I think I'll aim to jack in proper work by 60 and have a more peaceful life of something part time, gardening and Pittodrie (if I can talk the wife into moving back north - which might scupper my gardening to an extent!)
    … should have got a job with the Council and you’d never have to have done any “proper work” and you could still have retired at 60! 😂

Don’t retire unless you have a reason to get out of bed in the morning though!

Wish I could retire and am a few years older than When TattieFlooredChas

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Wish I could retire and am a few years older than When TattieFlooredChas
    Everything is so expensive nowadays though … you don’t want just to exist if you retire, in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    That's not an argument it's contradiction.
    No it isn't.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011