+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Stuart Maynard appointed

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Glad I’ve missed all but about five of them, suspect it’s been very much a case of quantity not quality.
    Well now you've attached yourself to the club, and signed up to a forum, you'll have a chance to see
    You've got me to thank for reaching the 25 milestone btw

Basing opinions about a new head coach on their playing career or lack of it is idiotic tbf. I wasn’t punching the air when this news came through but my record at predicting whether a manager’s going to be any good is sh!t.

Welcome to Stuart and his team. 9 points please in the next 3 games, and I’ll have forgotten all about Luke who.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Now that's what I'm talking about!

I'm curious about the dynamic that's all. And enjoying the answers to my question.
    Fair enough you certainly stirred up the pot! I guess we will see how professional this squad is in the next few weeks won't we in how they react to him. Personally I think this is a very smooth appointment and allows us to slot the new team in very smoothly. And if the players don't like it sell them and we can replace them with the Williams money. I am concerned that he used the word incredible 3 times in his first interview though.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 18-01-2024 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Forgot something

All the best Stuart. Welcome to Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Fair enough you certainly stirred up the pot! I guess we will see how professional this squad is in the next few weeks won't we in how they react to him. Personally I think this is a very smooth appointment and allows us to slot the new team in very smoothly. And if the players don't like it sell them and we can replace them with the Williams money.
    Yeah, you'd be disappointed by any adverse reactions (similar to the ones mentioned about LW's arrival). He's going to continue with the philosophy, right down to the same formation it seems. The squad will have no excuses, and every chance to push on.
    It'll be a tough start though, let's hope that doesn't have any impact.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yeah, you'd be disappointed by any adverse reactions (similar to the ones mentioned about LW's arrival). He's going to continue with the philosophy, right down to the same formation it seems. The squad will have no excuses, and every chance to push on.
    It'll be a tough start though, let's hope that doesn't have any impact.
    It will have an impact on some aspects of the fan base of course as I do not think we will pick up many points. I think we will beat Stockport though and lose to Barrow and as usual Mansfield will roll us. Wild and Clough are super smart managers. Having listened to what Tom Williams had to say and his first interview and I pretty confident that overall this will work. And with the way the club is set up if it doesn't that's not the disaster it used to be when a manager left and it was ground zero every 9 months. We have it very good under these owners and the structures they have put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Glad I’ve missed all but about five of them, suspect it’s been very much a case of quantity not quality.
    I sense the return of the handbags thread!

Hopefully this time I can be a spectator rather than a participant.

Brilliant appointment. He was nicknamed the 'part time Pep' for a reason. We may well struggle in the next 3, but that could have happened with a more experienced gaffer also. I think long term this will prove to be another shrewd appointment. Now lets get him some players to help him and us.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I sense the return of the handbags thread!

Hopefully this time I can be a spectator rather than a participant.
    New member fits in really well .

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast