+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming games

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Just reading these posts got me thinking & I don't mean any offence but do you think Mellon's no right or something & you guys who have different jobs are all expert managers & why aren't you in charge of the team and no we're not all great managers but it's so f'n obvious what we should be doing like you give your line-ups & formations and back 3s, back 4s, back 5s but say I know he'll not pick this but that's what he should be doing & Mellon's stubborn & shoehorns players & his substitutions are ****e etc etc etc. you guys have different jobs but funny all of you can do a better manager of a football team job than him even tho some of you no doubt never kicked a ba' it's just a bit odd isn't it if they ever see what's written on here they'd have a right laugh & there are dozens of them with & under Mellon analysts & everything who don't know as much as you it's like you feel that Mellon & Neilson & McKinnon & Paatelainen & McNamara are all f'n clueless & useless & you know far more the end
    So confused by this mate, what's your point?

Just reading these posts got me thinking & I don't mean any offence but do you think Mellon's no right or something & you guys who have different jobs are all expert managers & why aren't you in charge of the team and no we're not all great managers but it's so f'n obvious what we should be doing like you give your line-ups & formations and back 3s, back 4s, back 5s but say I know he'll not pick this but that's what he should be doing & Mellon's stubborn & shoehorns players & his substitutions are ****e etc etc etc. you guys have different jobs but funny all of you can do a better manager of a football team job than him even tho some of you no doubt never kicked a ba' it's just a bit odd isn't it if they ever see what's written on here they'd have a right laugh & there are dozens of them with & under Mellon analysts & everything who don't know as much as you it's like you feel that Mellon & Neilson & McKinnon & Paatelainen & McNamara are all f'n clueless & useless & you know far more the end
    Aaaaaaand breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    so not allowed to suggest what we should be doing? or having any opinions on the team

Is that not part of being a fan? is this not a forum where we can talk about these things?
    Supposing your work had a forum & funny folk who know f all about your work posted ****e & said how useless you were how would you feel now breathe

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    So confused by this mate, what's your point?
    The point's obvious you must think Mellon is guilty of industrial sabotage and Neilson and McKinnon and Paatelainen & Macnamara oh and Snaba but he probably was

I get the point your making but its hardly the same.

It's the nature of the beast, not saying its right but it happens. Fans voice their opinions about the game, yeah some guys can be way off the mark but i think most people have a decent opinion on the game. if there was a forum about my work i wouldn't be looking at it tbh. I wouldnt concern myself with other peoples opinion about my work but thats just me

It's just how come you all know better? You seem to think Mellon is some sort of loony and Neilson and McKinnon and Paatelainen &and Macnmara oh and Snaba but then he was a loony I'll give you that

Supposing your work had a forum & funny folk who know f all about your work posted ****e & said how useless you were how would you feel now breathe

surely you wouldnt go on a forum for something you didnt know anything about?

FWIW the general football probably does understand a lot more than you think. Bare in mind they have seen these players for much longer than Mellon, they have seen which players have previously played well under Neilson and how that worked. For example we could all see the whipping crosses in to Shankland is playing to his strengths but Mellon doesnt do that... does that mean we are wrong and he is right?

I do get your point tho, its not as if he sets us up to be crap and isnt aware of why. Im sure he is aware but has a different opinion of how to solve it due to the fact he sees them on a daily basis in training.... we however do see them on the pitch in matches and are not blind!

It's just how come you all know better? You seem to think Mellon is some sort of loony and Neilson and McKinnon and Paatelainen &and Macnmara oh and Snaba but then he was a loony I'll give you that
    Not sure anyone is suggesting that mate? I have nothing against Micky. I think he's done a lot of good for the club but in some areas still has to prove himself to the fanbase. He has been dealt probably the worst hand of any United manager I can remember for quite a long time in terms of coming into a club in the middle of a pandemic with the club moving up a division and having no fans in the ground to give the players that extra 10% that the fans undoubtedly give when we are at our best.

Put me in that job and we get relegated, I'll tell you that. But a forum is place where fans get the chance to voice to other fans what they think should be happening. Whether we are right or not is for the other posters to decide and give us a "spot on" or a "yer talking 5hite" reply.

Mellon has managed close to 600 professional football matches. I have no doubts in his ability to carry out the role.

But bringing on Peter Pawlett and Ian Harkes to try and claw back a 2-0 deficit to Hibs when you have more attacking players on the bench is not the way to win games, I feel pretty confident saying that. It doesnt make me a better manager than Micky though.

Hey Mickey, how you getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Not sure anyone is suggesting that mate? I have nothing against Micky. I think he's done a lot of good for the club but in some areas still has to prove himself to the fanbase. He has been dealt probably the worst hand of any United manager I can remember for quite a long time in terms of coming into a club in the middle of a pandemic with the club moving up a division and having no fans in the ground to give the players that extra 10% that the fans undoubtedly give when we are at our best.

Put me in that job and we get relegated, I'll tell you that. But a forum is place where fans get the chance to voice to other fans what they think should be happening. Whether we are right or not is for the other posters to decide and give us a "spot on" or a "yer talking 5hite" reply.

Mellon has managed close to 600 professional football matches. I have no doubts in his ability to carry out the role.

But bringing on Peter Pawlett and Ian Harkes to try and claw back a 2-0 deficit to Hibs when you have more attacking players on the bench is not the way to win games, I feel pretty confident saying that. It doesnt make me a better manager than Micky though.
    Fair comment BM90.
    But to make a point about your last paragraph - he brought on PP & IH cos he manages the team & thought that was our best chance of salvaging something. He obviously likes PP more than you and remember he sees him 5 times a week, we see them for 10 minutes. And btw I thought IH had half a dozen nice touches in the few minutes he got so he wasn't far wrong with that one maybe.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)